We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

32nd street midtown apartments - any comments?

Adelaide, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
32nd street midtown apartments - any comments?

Are there any reviews of these apartments?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 32nd street midtown apartments - any comments?

You won't find any positive reviews for them here. They are illegal. Read the second question on the FAQs located on the right panel of the forum.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 32nd street midtown apartments - any comments?

Are you asking about the

Oakwood 32nd and Park South Hotel

located at 32 east 32nd street

Advertised on Expedia

expedia.com.au/…

this is in fact an legal apartment hotel

oakwood.com/corporate-apartments/furnished/U…

Edited: 25 January 2012, 20:52
new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 32nd street midtown apartments - any comments?

ejolly's response is exactly what is wrong with any forum-- she hears the word apartment and immediately advises that it is illegal when in fact there are lots of ways to stay in apartment settings that are perfectly legal. Ree nyc picked up on this correctly right away. Bottom line is only a portion of what you read here about this subject is true and accurate, But be careful because there are a number of scams out there,, first trick in narrowing down the field--- any legitimate place will take payment with a credit card.

Staunton, Virginia
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 32nd street midtown apartments - any comments?

thank you for that response bilmin. the previous response is exactly why i gave this forum a break. now that i'm planning on making another trip in May, i'm going to try to read some of the more informative posts again.

thanks again.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 32nd street midtown apartments - any comments?

however expedia DOES also list lots of illegal hostels, hostels and apartment rentals as well, to be fair.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,077 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 32nd street midtown apartments - any comments?

If you give incomplete information in your question, you get less than accurate answers. Sorry that that's enough to put you off the forum. No one was rude to you: ejolly was trying to help.

Staunton, Virginia
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 32nd street midtown apartments - any comments?

it wasn't so much the inaccurate info, it's the rabid, without knowing all the info, response to the word "apartment". personally, i wouldn't have known whether these "apartments" were legal or not without research, nor would i care. buyer beware.

brooklyn, you're right, no one was "rude" to me, i took myself out of circulation because my previous trips to NY were complete. now, i'm returning, and bringing my mother. i was just checking in to see what was new.

in some regards, nothing.

Edited: 26 January 2012, 00:59
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,047 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 32nd street midtown apartments - any comments?

Actually i don't think it is legal for Oakwood to be renting those apts. for less than a month at a time. As for the Park South Hotel, I have bo idea where that comes into play. It's not on 32 st either so I'm perplexed by Ree's post altogether and wonder how she's so certain they are legal.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 32nd street midtown apartments - any comments?

You gave incomplete information, like an address. No one has a clue exactly what apartment/hotel/whatever you're asking about as you gave incomplete information, that's on you. So in fact, you're the one being rude.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 32nd street midtown apartments - any comments?

I actually didn't immediately respond without looking into anything. I looked at the DOB certification which states it is zoned as a D6-ELEVATOR APT. NOT a hotel.

I think I'm far from "whats wrong" from any forum.