We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to a Yankees, Where to sit.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Going to a Yankees, Where to sit.

I am going to watch the Yankees on the 30th of June 2012. Where should I sit for a good view and a good atmosphere?

What should I pay for a ticket?

The game is against the Chicago white socks, will it be a good game to go to and will it be busy?

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to a Yankees, Where to sit.

Here is a seating chart of Yankee Stadium along with the prices for the seats. Of course, if you get them from a secondary source as opposed to the Yankees themselves, a premium may be attached.

…mlb.com/nyy/ballpark/seating_pricing.jsp

Where to sit depends on your own preferences. Some folks like me prefer the first base line. Others prefer the third base line. Still others like behind home plate. Of course, the Yankee Stadium bleachers are famous for their enthusiastic [read rowdy] fans and is also a good experience.

The Chisox are not really a traditional rival of the Yankees - like the Red Sox. They are not in the same division. Nevertheless, the Yankees always come close to selling out, and you should have a great time. PS - Food at the Stadium is a rip off, Better to do your eating and drinking before coming to the game.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,122 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to a Yankees, Where to sit.

i prefer sitting in shade if its a day game--also i like to sit as close as possible along ether sideline---if youre looking for a souvenir foul ball,since most batters are righthanded, there are more foul balls along first base line. My dad played sand lot ball for Yanks back in 30s, so im a real Yankee fan--their dugout is on 1st base side,so if you want to see the faces of their stars try getting seats near their dugout. IMHO coming as far as youre coming the extra cost of getting a great seat thru a broker like stubhub.com is a small part of your total cost, so id go there and get a really good seat as close as i could get one -- from Mels map thatd be sec 115--117 with as low a row number as you can get.If you get those seats, keep your heads up for foul balls,esp with right handed batters

New York, NY
Level Contributor
612 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to a Yankees, Where to sit.

I sat about 12 rows behind 3rd base a few years back. Great view (including waiter service), but those seats were over $100 per person. The new stadium was designed to enable more expensive tickets.

Parlin, NJ
Level Contributor
135 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to a Yankees, Where to sit.

Everyone goes to see the Yankees. Go to Citifield to see the Mets. Tickets are pretty inexpensive compared to the Yankees and the owners of the team would really appreciate it too! :o)

Just think when you go back to Perth, you can tell everyone you saw the NY Mets!

Nanaimo, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to a Yankees, Where to sit.

Any idea when single game tickets go on sale? We are heading there in May and was hoping to buy Yankee tix for the family for Christmas but I can only find sales for Season tickets?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going to a Yankees, Where to sit.

Thanks ppl for Your support I love this web site. Haha

London
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Going to a Yankees, Where to sit.

The year before last single game tickets went on sale in March, around the 20th if I remember correctly. I imaginge it'll be similar this coming year.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Going to a Yankees, Where to sit.

Mary Beth: See the Mets?? If I wanted to see a minor league ballclub play, I would rather see the Staten Island Yankees or the Brooklyn Cyclones.

For those of you who are not baseball fans, the Mets invested heavily with Bernie Madoff and were bilked out of millions. They have now lost their star shortstop as they could not afford to pay his salary. This is a team in total disarray.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Going to a Yankees, Where to sit.

I sent an email thru the Yankees web site about single game ticket sales and was told probably the end of March, first part of April. I need a ticket for the first part of May also.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Going to a Yankees, Where to sit.

What is stub hub like? Is it reputable. Is $200 to much for a ticket??? Is it that much off a difference.