We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Help! 1st timers

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Itinerary Help! 1st timers

Hi everyone,

My bf and i (25 from Australia) are counting down the weeks to our 1st New York Trip!! Dates are 28th Dec- 3rd Jan. (6nights) and location of our hotel is listed as times square south but from reviews i think it is more like chelsea.

Arrive JFK 7pm 28th Dec. By the time we get through customs and to our hotel we will be just about ready to pass out im sure!

29th-walk up from our hotel passed empire state building/macys etc to timesquare. visit gc station, 5th ave shopping, top of the rock for sunset. Night- back to timesqaure to see the lights and grab some dinner. (timesqaure will now be done and dusted no need to return for rest of trip).

30th- subway to brooklyn. any ideas/itinerary on how to tackle a day in brooklyn- hoping to explore park slope (beacons closet), brooklyn heights and dumbo. breakfast and lunch suggestions? perhaps breakfast at bubbys or a late lunch at river cafe or even grimaldis just to say we did!

walk the brooklyn bridge. quick wander round lower manhatten- battery park to see statue of liberty from a distance, wall st n century 21.

night- meatpacking district for dinner and drinks. spice market?

31st- explore soho, greenwich village, little italy. where to start?

NYE- looking for something different - eg warehouse party in brooklyn.

1st- lazy day with no plans other then NFL game giants v cowboys @ 1pm. early night catch up on some sleep!

2nd- last day with no plans.

things on my list to still see include central park n iceskating, highline park, east village. not sure if its possible to squeeze them all in this day or if you can make suggestions on whether they can go on another day.

There was a Knicks game scheduled for this night however not looking likely so perhaps a broadway show (although not sure if the bf would be to keen on this) any other ideas?

As you can probably tell our plans are rough and perhaps to full on? There seems to be so many amazing must see and do things in New York planning a short 1st trip is VERY overwhelming, so if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. cheers!

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,301 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Help! 1st timers

just couple comments0-you seem to like sports--you should try and see something in Madison Sq Garden--maybe the Rangers or a colege BB game

When you go to GC take peak into the lobby of the Chrysler Budling on Lex just north of GC--its very ornate,even the elevator doors! When youre in the GC there is a restaurant on the West end in the balcony--its really neat to watch the floor of GC while eatting/having a drink. Then id head over to the NY Public library--just wander around in there,or take a tour,Its just 2 blocks from GC.I like youre leaving time to do other stuff as they come up

New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,136 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Help! 1st timers

For NYE-

You may like this?-

http://glasslands.blogspot.com/

If not look through the calanders and see what meets your taste-

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i22937-NYC_nigh…

Have a good time!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=J50khpqR8tA&ob=av2e

Edited: 17 November 2011, 13:35
Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary Help! 1st timers

thanks to you both for the suggestions! much appreciated. MTI-n-NYC my bf really liked the look of glasslands - right down his alley.

4. Re: Itinerary Help! 1st timers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2012, 21:25