We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bar or restaurant overlooking Rockefeller Christmas Tree?

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
97 reviews
55 helpful votes
Bar or restaurant overlooking Rockefeller Christmas Tree?

Hi,

We will be in the city for the lighting of the tree this year. I have no intentions of wasting my precious holiday hours standing in a massive crowd to wait for the tree to be lit. I'm happy to watch it in my hotel room if need be.

However, just thought I'd ask - is there are bar or restaurant somewhere that has views of the tree where we could make reservations to watch? I understand we'd be paying through the teeth for this experience but I'd just like to check out our options.

Thanks in advance,

Stelle

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
97 reviews
55 helpful votes
1. Re: Bar or restaurant overlooking Rockefeller Christmas Tree?

By 'in my hotel room' I mean on tv :)

New York City
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
6 reviews
28 helpful votes
2. Re: Bar or restaurant overlooking Rockefeller Christmas Tree?

"I have no intentions of wasting my precious holiday hours"

Those precious hoilday hours will be rewarded if you see it live.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
12 reviews
32 helpful votes
3. Re: Bar or restaurant overlooking Rockefeller Christmas Tree?

There are the restaurants in Rockefeller Center itself, such as

Sea Grill: http://www.patinagroup.com/restaurant.php?restaurants_id=31

Rock Center Cafe: http://www.patinagroup.com/restaurant.php?restaurants_id=18

And Brasserie Ruhlmann is right across the street:

http://www.brasserieruhlmann.com/

I honestly don't know, though, what the view from those places is like on the night of the lighting ceremony (the views may be obstructed by crowds or TV setups or something), so you should write or call them to find out more.

elsewhere
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
4. Re: Bar or restaurant overlooking Rockefeller Christmas Tree?

Yeah, the Rock Center Cafe and the Sea Grill don't have much of a view of the tree at all. You might be able to get a glimpse from a table or two if you really crane your neck. But the tree is on street level, and the restaurants are down below, by the ice rink.

Let me put on my thinking cap and try to remember the name of the hotel where we had dinner once during the Christmas season. They had a good view of the tree from the terrace. Daaaarrrrnnnn ... what was the name of that place. I'll be back.

elsewhere
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
5. Re: Bar or restaurant overlooking Rockefeller Christmas Tree?

Ah, yes! Club Quarters. I hate when I have a brain freeze.

http://www.clubquarters.com/loc_nyMidtown.php

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
118,086 posts
12 reviews
48 helpful votes
6. Re: Bar or restaurant overlooking Rockefeller Christmas Tree?

The Jewel Facing Rockefeller Center is a hotel that would have some views and I think they have a terrace that overlooks the tree. My guess is you couldn't get into the Sea Grill or Rock Center Cafe which are probably booked for private parties. The best advice for the tree lighting is watch it on tv (the show is geared to tv cameras) and then go later at night (around 11 pm) to see the tree lit live.

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
97 reviews
55 helpful votes
7. Re: Bar or restaurant overlooking Rockefeller Christmas Tree?

Thanks very much for the suggestions!

I'll have a look at all of them and make a decision. We will definitely be seeing the tree once it is lit at some stage :)

Much appreciated!

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
97 reviews
55 helpful votes
8. Re: Bar or restaurant overlooking Rockefeller Christmas Tree?

Hi,

I've looked into a couple of the options. Just have a question, it looks like both the Club Quarters and the Terrace Club at the Jewel are kind of for hotel guests and/or club members only? Is that right?

The Brasserie Ruhlmann looks like it might be ok if it isn't booked for a private function. Does anyone know of an email address for them, and on the website I can only see phone and fax (which I'd like to avoid doing from Australia?)

Thanks again.

9. Re: Bar or restaurant overlooking Rockefeller Christmas Tree?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.