We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Much to do with little time

North Augusta...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Much to do with little time

I will be going to Book Expo with the hubby this year. I wanted to see the Keith Haring murals. I also saw an article about a recent show at Gladstone gallery. Anything I should know?

I have seen much discussion about what Bakeries or other places that are on tv to not visit. Where should I? I'd like a Bakery, Pizza place and Deli.

Also, take out, what should we try?

Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Much to do with little time

Which Haring murals are you talking about? There are several and they are quite far away from one another.

I don't know what you're asking about the Gladstone Gallery. What do you want to know? The Haring show there will last until July, so you shouldn't have any problem seeing it.

I think the best deli experience is Katz's:

http://katzsdelicatessen.com/

There are countless pizza places and bakeries. The most popular pizzerias for tourists are John's, Grimaldi's, and Lombardi's, but there are countless others that are more popular with locals. What style of pizza do you want?

What kind of bakery do you want to visit? Is there a specific sort of baked good you're after?

I'm not sure what you're asking about takeout. What kind of food are you talking about? Afghan? Chinese? Ghanaian? Italian? Tibetan? Help us out a little here :)

North Augusta...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Much to do with little time

The murals I have noted are Crack is Wack at 128th and 2nd ave

Carmine St. Swimming Pool and Handball court

if there's more still there I'd love to know.

I've noted Katz as the deli of choice! and struck the other one. Thanks!

I like cakes, cupcakes, breads. Not all that pickie. I just want to be sure I'm going to have the best experiance, not just what a show or guidebook said I should do.

As for take out, around here we have pizza, Chinese, koeran, india, greek and a few other middle eastern options. We will both try just about anything. Whats soemthing I might not have and should try? Looking for tips, but really not a snot. What do you guys order for a night at home?

Thanks for any help :-)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,468 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Much to do with little time

Where are you staying? Most of us order from places within the delivery area of where we live or work.

North Augusta...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Much to do with little time

hampton inn times square north

5. Re: Much to do with little time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2012, 14:51