We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Less than a day in Boston - Dinner suggestion

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
857 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Less than a day in Boston - Dinner suggestion

Hi! We'll be spending a Friday night in Boston on a return trip from the Azores, Portugal. We'll arrive in Boston around 3pm and are headed to NC on Saturday around 3pm, so not enough time to explore (or is it?). But we wanted to at least plan to have dinner Friday night at somewhere close to our hotel that is top notch, great food, and highly recommended.

We'll be at the Marriott Long Wharf - any suggestions on dinner and maybe Saturday brunch? We'll have to head to the airport after lunch but if there's anything nearby we can check out or any walks or places to see that Friday nigh,t please share!

massachusetts
Level Contributor
517 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Less than a day in Boston - Dinner suggestion

try a "legal seafood's" rest . there pretty good

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,070 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Less than a day in Boston - Dinner suggestion

You do have some time to explore if you aren't too tired. Boston is a compact city & your hotel is right near the Fanueil Hall/Quincy Market area, the Rose Kennedy Greenway and the North End (the Italian section)- are all within a few minutes walk. Mamma Maria is a well-regarded restaurant close by to the Long Wharf/ Some other top rated restaurants include (you would need to take a cab)

No. 9 Park, Mistral, o ya, Menton. A long-time favorite, always above par IMO is Hammesley's Bistro

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,070 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Less than a day in Boston - Dinner suggestion

I would not consider Legal's "top notch" tho it is close to your hotel.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
857 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Less than a day in Boston - Dinner suggestion

We'd prefer top-notch over close to hotel - don't mind taking a cab.

Thanks! Didn't realize we were so close to some of the attractions, we'll definitely walk around some - I'm sure we'll need the fresh air after our multiple flights

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,232 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Less than a day in Boston - Dinner suggestion

Agreed, O Ya for high end sushi and Hamersley's Bistro as well. Radius is also high end and closer to your hotel. For Sat lunch, I would suggest that you walk to the nearby North End, a historically Italian neighborhood. You can visit Paul Revere's house and the Old North Church while you are there.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,282 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Less than a day in Boston - Dinner suggestion

I'm not a fan of Legal Seafood either. I think it's just okay and way overpriced. If you want steak, and don't mind paying, I'd suggest Capitol Grill, Flemings, or Mortons. Burtons is also really good. I went to the one close to my house this week and got a surf and turf combo, $28, for filet mignon, shrimp, green beans and baked potato. It was out of this world.

Boston
Level Contributor
424 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Less than a day in Boston - Dinner suggestion

Strega Waterfront /www.stregawaterfront.com would be my top suggestion can't beat the view. Davios www.davios.com is also very nice. North End is also a great place to just walk look at menus and choose. For brunch Sam's in Louis of Boston - again wonderful city view and if you have time I would hit is ICA or just walk around and enjoy the sites of the city.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
477 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Less than a day in Boston - Dinner suggestion

If you are on the regular tripadvisor site there is a tab at the top called 'restaurants'. If you click on it you can search by location.type in 'Marriott long wharf' and it will show you what restaurants are nearby and links to their ta reviews. Boston has lots of excellent dining options. Do a little research and I'm sure you'll find something to your taste. If it were me I'd skip the chains like legal seafood and head for 9 park on beacon hill or erbaluce in bay village or oleana in Cambridge.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
857 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Less than a day in Boston - Dinner suggestion

THanks everyone, we might go with O Ya - if I can get a reservation (if its anything like Nobu London we will see) - Yes I know there is a search feature for restaurants, but considering the short amount of time we'll be there and the fact that I wanted to avoid chains that I have not heard of before thought I would ask. And also see what we mgiht have time to see/do for the time were are there

Also good to know we are in an area that we can walk around and enjoy some of the sights of Boston for the short time we are there!

Thanks again!

PL

10. Re: Less than a day in Boston - Dinner suggestion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2013, 21:16