We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How late can I wait to book?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
How late can I wait to book?

We (four adults in two rooms) are heading to Boston for three nights beginning September 7. We are mainly interested in historical sites. How close to that date can we safely hold off booking rooms? Since this is right after Labor Day, would it be easier or harder to find available rooms below $150? I'd love to get a deal thru Hotwire, but frankly, it scares me to book a month in advance since it's not refundable.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How late can I wait to book?

I think the answer is "don't wait any longer" based on what is being offered on Hotwire and the prices. Not unless you don't mind if there's a good chance you'll have to stay outside the city if you wait, of course?

The only thing I can tell you is that the Sheraton Boston sitting there for $139 (not including taxes/fees), and would make a good place to stay in the city for that price. About a 60% savings then if booking online through the hotel itself.

But, if you're still unsure if you'll be coming to Boston, then there's no sense in booking something you might not use. That's the only real downside to booking on Hotwire, although I feel it's a very fair policy.

Not sure what to tell you except it's there right now for the taking. Will it be there tomorrow or next week or 3 weeks from now? I don't have a clue, but I would doubt it.

3.5 star Back Bay/Copley Square hotel with bed choice (option), smoke free, fitness, restaurant, pool, business center and hi speed internet if you're interested.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,981 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How late can I wait to book?

Will is right. Resort areas slow down a bit (and often drop prices) after Labor Days, but not cities. Business is back in full swing after Labor Day marks the end of summer vacation season. Business travel and conventions pick up.

I see people on the NY forum talking about rooms being more expensive and Boston is no different. I ran into this situation in Sept in Paris 25 years ago ... it's not new.

Arlington
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How late can I wait to book?

Okay, guys. Thanks for the heads-up. We're definitely coming on those dates. If you get a chance, could you comment on my other post about "cheap and charming" B&B's? Best wishes!

4. Re: How late can I wait to book?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2011, 19:37