We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Advice - Family of 4

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Hotel Advice - Family of 4

Looking for some advice! I will be visiting Boston this summer with my family (2 kids ages 11 and 15) and am debating between a few different hotels. The hotels are:

Revere Hotel Boston Common (2 queen beds)

Lenox Hotel (Junior Suite with 2 queen beds)

Eliot Hotel (1 bedroom suite with 1 king and a sleeper sofa)

All hotels seem well reviewed, but I wondered which one might be considered the nicest option with the best location for sightseeing in Boston. I am leaning towards the Revere as it is the least expensive option (though not by much) and the hotel has a pool, which I'm sure the kids would enjoy. Just hoping to get some thoughts.

Thanks so much for your input!

Best Seller
Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
1,106 Reviews
from USD 44.05*
Best Seller
Boston Whale Watching Cruise
603 Reviews
from USD 55.65*
Boston in One Day Sightseeing Tour
831 Reviews
from USD 79.00*
8 replies to this topic
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet, Truro, North Truro
Level Contributor
7,062 posts
250 reviews
1. Re: Hotel Advice - Family of 4

The Revere is more centrally located that the other two options. Have you looked at them on a map. The Revere is just two blocks south of the Public Garden & Common and a bit east of the the Back Bay shopping and a bit west of Faneuil Hall Marketplace and the North End. The other two are further west in the Back Bay.

Boston...
Level Contributor
8,238 posts
2. Re: Hotel Advice - Family of 4

Agree with the Revere Hotel recommendation because of the pool, the location, and that their regular rooms are a good size for Boston.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,841 posts
1 review
3. Re: Hotel Advice - Family of 4

While the Revere is more central, lying between Downtown and Back Bay, I actually prefer being in one of those neighborhoods. The Lenox is in the center of Back Bay, which is the major shopping area for the city and next to the Boston Public Library. The Eliot is in a little quieter neighborhood on the main residential street for Back Bay.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
100 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Hotel Advice - Family of 4

I'd personally go with an Airbnb where you'd have a kitchen and can save money :) They can always swim in the Frog Pond!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
26,777 posts
67 reviews
5. Re: Hotel Advice - Family of 4

I think Lindsey was joking ... but in case the original poster is not familiar with the Frog Pond, it is a 'splash pool', probably 6 inches at the deepest point ... maybe less.. It would be tough for an 11yo to 'swim'. It is really geared towards younger kids ...

https://bostonfrogpond.com/spring-summer/

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
133 reviews
6. Re: Hotel Advice - Family of 4

With teens I'd say the Revere. The pool wins it hands down. For an adult couple, I might choose the Lenox, but both the Revere and Lenox are well located. Both Lenox and Elliot are older and have smaller rooms.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,589 posts
60 reviews
7. Re: Hotel Advice - Family of 4

Definitely the Revere. Great hotel :)

And I too hope Lindsey is joking about the Frog Pond. It's a splash pad for toddlers and babies and filled with gross, swollen diapered-babies. Totally vile when we were there last summer.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
8. Re: Hotel Advice - Family of 4

Thanks for your input everyone. I have booked the Revere. Can't wait for our trip in July!

Reply to: Hotel Advice - Family of 4
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted