We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moab in June with kids

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Moab in June with kids

We will be in Moab in early June with our 3 children (ages 9, 7, and 3). We are staying just a few minutes outside of town and have a pool--for hot afternoons, but I'm hoping to make sure we have a list going of the "must-do" hikes! We love to hike and our kiddos are pretty great--conquering many 8-10 mile hikes in the Colorado mountains (our youngest in a pack some of the time). Can any of the Utah/Moab experts recommend some of your favorite hikes to me?

I'm hoping to get to Delicate Arch for sure + we have a Jeep tour booked for one night at sunset...would also love to get to Goblin Valley/Little Wild Horse for a day trip. We have 6 nights in Moab. Is a day trip to Goblin feasible?

Thank you so much for all of your help/insight! Much appreciated!

4 replies to this topic
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
67,134 posts
250 reviews
1. Re: Moab in June with kids

Yes, your day trip is ideal. Bring plenty of water and snacks. There will be no services or businesses nearby.

Hudson, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
74 reviews
2. Re: Moab in June with kids

For 4 days in Moab: 2 days in Arches, 1 in Canyonlands (Island in the Sky Unit)/Dead Horse Point State Park and 1 day along UT 128 and UT 279.

Arches - Delicate Arch from Wolfe Ranch, Devils Garden to Double-O Arch, Windows Section, Sand Dune Arch, Balanced Rock & Park Ave.

Canyonlands - Mesa Arch, Grand View Point trail, Aztec Butte

UT 128 - Grandstaff Canyon

UT 279 - Corona Arch

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,884 posts
449 reviews
3. Re: Moab in June with kids

You have a good plan with six days in Moab. As noted, you can daytrip Goblin Valley and Little Wild Horse. it is a long day. Get an early start. I would do Goblin Valley first as there you have the most sun exposure. Do the slot canyon in warmer afternoon. Do watch for thunderstorms. June is usually OK. You'll have lots of shade in the slot.

On the way home, stop at Ray's Tavern in Green River for burgers. Great spot and the kids will love it.

Have fun.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Moab in June with kids

@RedRox @Jeremiah Z @TumbleweedandCactus --thank you all for your responses! I appreciate the list of additional places to check out while we are in Moab. We'll be driving from Minneapolis, through Rocky Mountain National Park and onward to Utah...will definitely take UT 128 on the way in. With our kids the ages they are, I think the day trip to Goblin Valley will pay off...followed by Ray's Tavern (thank you for the suggestion)!

Reply to: Moab in June with kids
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Moab
Recent Conversations