We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two Perennial Forum Topics

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
--
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Two Perennial Forum Topics

Two perennial topics in this forum are (1) "child friendly" restaurants and (2) the Cheesecake Factory, part of a national chain which seems to be quite popular with some subset of visitors/forum posters (and decidedly less so with locals).

The two topics got merged today in the online version of the SF Chronicle, where one of the resident bloggers picked up a story where the author (Dave Zinczenco, apparently editor of "Men's Health" and author of some book called "Eat This, Not That") called the Cheesecake Factory's kid's pasta "the unhealthiest kids' meal in America". A bowl of Farfalle with a huge pasty glob of something described as "Alfredo Sauce" the meal weighs in with some 1,810 calories and 89 grams of saturated fat.

…sfgate.com/sfmoms/…

I guess the good news for those of us who follow the "child friendly" message threads as a guide of where NOT to go is that any child who consumes such a meal will probably be too lethargic to be doing a lot of running around and making a racket.....

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
56,528 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two Perennial Forum Topics

I was guessing that the two topics would be

(1) where should I stay?

(2) how do I get to SF from the airport?

I also considered

(3) which time should I tour Alcatraz?

(4) which city tour should I select?

I didn't consider the "how to feed my child" topic. A meal of 1810 calories doesn't sound like a very good choice. Ugh.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
Level Contributor
14,151 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two Perennial Forum Topics

I thought it was gonna be

1) Stay at a hotel near SFO to save money and spend the savings on commuting to my vacation?

2) Do we need a rental car?

Close contenders:

3) Is it worth taking a day tour to Yosemite?

4) Are there really as many homeless people and panhandlers as everyone says? (Related question: Is it OK to stay at Union Square even though it's close to the Tenderloin?)

sf
Level Contributor
3,175 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Two Perennial Forum Topics

How about

1) Can you suggest a good beach hotel?

2) Is BART safe?

3) Any question mentioning "FRISCO" Ugh!!

4) Is it a good idea to stay in Oakland?

4. Re: Two Perennial Forum Topics

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 12:18