We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hana for 3 nights mid July

Augusta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
59 reviews
Hana for 3 nights mid July

My husband and I are coming to Maui for a week and a half starting the second week in July. We decided to spend our first (3) nights in Hana. We have our lodging booked. I am looking for the Must Do or See list for that area. Also any dining recommendations. We are up for anything from hiking to scuba to spa-etc. Thursday- Sunday time frame. Love ideas for where the locals go!

12 replies to this topic
Maui
Level Contributor
72,023 posts
18 reviews
11. Re: Hana for 3 nights mid July

I realize it's prob not what you wanted to hear. But our advice is given from the heart, for your safety, and that of others on the road. You don't understand how dark that road is, how narrow, and how there are no shoulders or guardrails in many areas.

Yesterday some tourists drove their rental Jeep right off the road out near Kaupo............the Jeep was totaled but they are okay. Lucky, lucky people. They'll have a huge bill though, since they were on the section that voids the rental contract.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
11,528 posts
16 reviews
12. Re: Hana for 3 nights mid July

The previous post have had some very informative and valid information. Please take them to heart.

Especially driving the road after your long trip form Ga.

Water sports in the Hana area is limited unless you are a local and really know the ocean. So save the snorkeling and scuba until you head to the leeward side. Hamoa beach is a beautiful beach to enjoy some swimming. You will find many food truck/food stands with some delicious food during the mid morning to mid afternoon. time frame. Breakfast and dinner options are more limited. You could pick up an extra noon meal to be reheated at night. There are a couple of restaurants and two general stores from some basic items.

Reply to: Hana for 3 nights mid July
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted