We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stouffers waoihai at Poipu hotel and giant suite

1 post
Stouffers waoihai at Poipu hotel and giant suite

Hi, I honeymooned for 8 weeks at Tahiti, Morea, Bora Bora, Big Island, Oahu, Maui, and finally best of all Kauai. We stayed at an AWESOME HUGE suite right on the beach at Stouffers Waoihai. I can't find ANY info on the hotel or the suite. Obviously Iniki wiped it out.

I now stay at the Marriott Waiohai for several weeks each year.....amazing karmic feel. I'm hoping someone could lead me to pictures etc about the old Stouffers Waiohai THANK YOU

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
18,986 posts
1 review
1. Re: Stouffers waoihai at Poipu hotel and giant suite

The Stouffer Waiohai was a great place. Unfortunately, yes, it was wiped out by a hurricane along with the old Poipu Beach Hotel next to it. The Stouffer Waiohai now has a Marriott property sitting right on the same spot, the Marriott Waiohai. It's timeshare and part of the Marriott Beach Club program.

I was sad to see that property become home to yet one more timeshare. The Stouffer had a quiet zen feel to it. versus the over the top ostentatious feel of so many newer places. We loved the wonderful oceanfront buffet under the huge banyan trees. All you will see of the old Stouffer is the oceanfront kiddie pool. The Marriott salvaged that.

Edited: 04 October 2016, 13:48
Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
18,986 posts
1 review
2. Re: Stouffers waoihai at Poipu hotel and giant suite

OOPS, SORRY. I should have fully read your post. I would've seen you already knew about it now being the Marriott. And I'm sure you noticed the kiddie pool. I got too excited about your post and replied before reading it all.

I've also tried looking for photos of it online. I'll give it another shot.

You should try the Poipu Beach Resort Association. I bet they'd have some old photos.

Edited: 04 October 2016, 13:54
3. Re: Stouffers waoihai at Poipu hotel and giant suite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2017, 16:17