We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegan food in Poipu or Kapaa area, Kauai

7 posts
Vegan food in Poipu or Kapaa area, Kauai

We are getting married in October at Poipu beach and want to have a nice vegan dinner that evening for just the two of us. We are staying in Kapaa.

Does anyone know of a nice place with vegan options?

Thanks!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
45,109 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: Vegan food in Poipu or Kapaa area, Kauai

I know Caffe Coco has some options - had a good dinner with a group of friends a few years ago and they are located right in Kapaa:

http://www.caffecocokauai.com

Have you also checked this website to see what vegan options they recommend? I know it can be helpful:

https://www.happycow.net/

Congrats to you! :)

7 posts
2. Re: Vegan food in Poipu or Kapaa area, Kauai

Thanks! I know about both, but Caffee Coco seems to have more vegetarian than vegan. However, I will keep it in mind and call tomorrow to see if they have a few vegan choices.

denville, nj
Level Contributor
757 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Vegan food in Poipu or Kapaa area, Kauai

Caffe Coco definitely had vegan choices. I ate there back in May. Delicious food.

7 posts
4. Re: Vegan food in Poipu or Kapaa area, Kauai

Yes, I keep coming back to Cafe Coco, because they seem to have more choices and they may even have a vegan dessert for my wedding dinner, unlike all the other places. :-) That's important!

Thank you!

Kapaa, Hawaii
5 posts
1 review
5. Re: Vegan food in Poipu or Kapaa area, Kauai

restaurants that serve vegan food on the south side include: Beach House, Da Crack, Kickshaws, La Spezia, Living Foods Market & Cafe and Merriman's. Ypu can check with them about catering. Also, check with these guys veganfusion.com/kekaha-kauai-hawaii-5-day-ve…

7 posts
6. Re: Vegan food in Poipu or Kapaa area, Kauai

Thank so much! I looked at some of these on their websites, but nothing indicated that they would be even open to vegan food. It's going to be our wedding dinner for just the two of us and I'm not sure that they would go out of their way to create vegan food for us and even have a vegan dessert. I got to have a vegan dessert on my wedding! :-) Maybe I should call them and find out. Thanks! :-)

new york
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
27 reviews
7. Re: Vegan food in Poipu or Kapaa area, Kauai

Cafe coco def has vegan options and it's one of my favorites .

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,990 posts
35 reviews
8. Re: Vegan food in Poipu or Kapaa area, Kauai

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Café Coco is definitely the best known of the vegan restaurant scenes here on Kaua'i. Their food is delicious and imaginative. Definitely a great choice! Been here a long, long time as well!

Malama Pono,

Janet

9. Re: Vegan food in Poipu or Kapaa area, Kauai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2017, 14:16