We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

poipu accommodations Help !!

Orange, California
Level Contributor
363 posts
128 reviews
poipu accommodations Help !!

just booked airfare for march 30th 2017 For 8nights family of 5 want to be close to the beach and want to have a nice clean place to stay, Travel agent is coming up with Aston poi pu kai.

what do you all think about this place any recent visits and any tips with area to stay in? total package with a Suv and air from lax to Kauai 6000 sounds good to me but still unsure?

Thank you so much!!!!!

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
4,014 posts
4 reviews
21. Re: poipu accommodations Help !!

Kiahuna Plantation worked really well when we were travelling with 2 16 year olds. Yours should be happy! When still visitors, we always booked via vrbo.com.

The Villas are very nice. And do check out Nihi Kai.

Edited: 27 September 2016, 06:28
Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
59,276 posts
435 reviews
22. Re: poipu accommodations Help !!

We used to stay at Kiahuna Plantation until we discovered Poipu Kapili.

http://poipukapili.com/

I like Kiahuna, it is a nice property. And yes it is "on the beach" but depending on which building you are in you could be just as far from the beach as you are at Poipu Kapili. Look at the map below.

https://goo.gl/maps/bKqDGGzg3Y52

Kiahuna Plantation is the twenty or so buildings to the right of the label "Kiahuna Plantation by Outrigger". You can see how large the property is. Poipu Kapili is to the left, partially out of the map.

If you look to the extreme, upper right hand corner of the map where the "Sign In" blue button is, THAT is the pool for Kiahuna Plantation. Again I like KP a lot, but the pool is incredibly inconvenient. You couldn't watch your 12 year old from the unit like you'd be able to in other complexes, like Poipu Kapili.

If the pool isn't important, I'd say Kiahuna is fine, but if the pool is, then Kiahuna wouldn't be my first choice.

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,420 posts
54 reviews
23. Re: poipu accommodations Help !!

I loved the Poipu Kai resort, and it's location.

Orange, California
Level Contributor
363 posts
128 reviews
24. Re: poipu accommodations Help !!

Thank u all!

Level Contributor
619 posts
4 reviews
25. Re: poipu accommodations Help !!

great scoops

we kept life simple, and, yes we stayed at poipu kai for 12 years as visitors, then we gave it all away and moved over full time to kauai for 9 magical years....now we are back on the mainland.

We are all different and different properties and shores appeal to different people, and yes, kauai has many amazing and wonderful places to stay.

We did our own bookings through SUITE PARADISE,COM, thet are on propoerty, the offics is next to kalapaki joes,

as napa said, poipu kai is laid out over 80-100 acres, it does not feel like a resort,, We felt like it was our home, You can actually now, pick your own specific unit,,,we, at the time selected the sections, and every unit was superb over all the years even tho we did not reserve a particular unit,

here are some of the reasons that we kept returning,

after arriving, as we checked in at the poipu kai registration , we were greeted with complementary maitas, We received the keys to our condo, keys to our section's semi private pool, keys ti the main pool.

Parking was out front of the unit, bbq for our set of units, walk to poipu beach, Rooms were spacious, full kitchen, sometimes had a wet bar, Large living and dinning area all well appointed.

And after all the travel follies, in the refer was a complementary bottle of wine and two chijjed glasses.

Never any problems of any kind,

We would begin many of our days by walking over to shipwreck beach and past the hyatt to stroll along the dunes and cliffs trail' Fresh ocean breezes, and views. Then do a 180, and head back to the condo and have breakfast out on our lanai.

Other places on the south shore that we would also consider are nihii kai, and kiahuna plantation.

They would fit into our personal lifestyles, including being able to enjoy the south shore, as well as hiking up in koke'e and waimea canyon, and driving up o the north shore, and the east side as well.

Anyway, just wanted to humanize our feelings on staying at poipu kai, plus the cost was reasonable.

Now, the fun begins for the op and others as you begin exploring the many different lodgings on the different shores.

Welcome to the garden island, you are going to have a fabulous kauai visit.

It looks like next year, I h ave charmed erica into returning for two weeks. We truly miss the island and our friends.

Edited: 27 September 2016, 14:03
26. Re: poipu accommodations Help !!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2017, 14:15