We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time visitor with broken foot

San Francisco Bay...
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
First time visitor with broken foot

I'm traveling to Kauai for the first time next weekend from California, about 16 days after breaking my left foot, so I'll be in a cast boot, with crutches and a knee scooter. Obviously, I won't be doing any hiking/biking/kayaking, but am wondering what I can do with limited mobility. I'll be going with another woman and we'll be staying in a condo.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,527 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First time visitor with broken foot

Aloha,

Welcome to the Hawaii Forums,

This TR might offer some ideas for you.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29218-i304-k63494…

Edited: 25 September 2015, 20:05
Dana Point...
Level Contributor
889 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First time visitor with broken foot

Wow! Did you have trip insurance so that you can re sked and plan for a time when you are more mobile.

Otherwise, you can go to the beaches that are easily accessable, no climbing, or dirt trails....

Anini....Poipu....Kalapaki....Hanalei....etc.

Also, you can crip ( what I use to call my getting around on crutches ) to some of the pleasant shopping villages and other venues.

Kukui'ula in poipu... poipu shopping village...koloa town.....down town KAPA'A.

Go to a luau

Enjoy Art Night, and street musicians at Hanapepe, ( west side ) Friday nights.

Stop and take photos of Wailua Falls.....Kuamo'o Road next to the Wailua River...easy parking and cripping...hope for some rain soon, so that the falls are pumping.

Have fun exploring, Hanalei Town, ( North shore ) should be easy and later roost for a while in one of the fun restaurants. Down the side road is Hanalei Bay Beach.

Stop by the Kiluea Light House and Wild Life Protected area....super coastal views and photo ops

Also, photos up , near Princeville on the main road....wondefulr photo op of the Hanalei Valley, taro fields, river and mountains. Only room for about six cars .

Pick up the ULTIMATE KAUAI GUIDE BOOK......find other places that feel good to you.

Also, you might try WINGS OVER KAUAI for a circle island tour .....from the air.

about and hour...and they have boarding steps. Check with them, but they are wonderful people and will be honest with you.

West side...drive up to the overlooks for the Waimea Canyon and the Kalalau Valley....easy ramps to gain access to the safety railed overlooks.

Strongly suggest NO NAPALI BOAT TOURS.....the vessel is on a dynamic moving ocean, and balance is a problem with people who have two functioning feet. Stay smart stay safe.

And....

HAVE FUN !

Denny

3. Re: First time visitor with broken foot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2016, 15:17