We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Condo/Villa To Pick? Help - getting desperate!

NY
Level Contributor
105 posts
10 reviews
Which Condo/Villa To Pick? Help - getting desperate!

My husband and I be visiting the south shore of Kauai 12/10-12/17, and I am having a devil of a time choosing a place to stay. I must admit they're all starting to sound the same. Your insight will be greatly appreciated!

Desires:

1. Wow! view of the water

2. Upscale feel, solid creature comforts, a pool

3. Quiet, prefer no children, but at the very least would like a private feel, minus crowds

4. The Best Snorkeling nearby...we usually plan our trips around it!

5. Not too far from restaurants, etc.

Need all of this for not more than about $325/nt...now you see my dilemma? LOL

Places I chose earlier are now booked. Please help ;)

~ Getting desperate

Edited: 24 September 2015, 05:20
California
Level Contributor
41,156 posts
129 reviews
1. Re: Which Condo/Villa To Pick? Help - getting desperate!

Whalers Cove. Contact Amy Grant with Great Vacations. www.alohagvr.com/vacation-rentals-homes.asp…

Other option is Poipu Kapili through Parrish.

NY
Level Contributor
105 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Which Condo/Villa To Pick? Help - getting desperate!

Hi Jebett. Those are the two I narrowed it to, which would you choose given my wants? Thanks!!!!

p.s. any thoughts on Poipu Palms?

Would love to see the water from the master too!

Edited: 24 September 2015, 05:27
California
Level Contributor
41,156 posts
129 reviews
3. Re: Which Condo/Villa To Pick? Help - getting desperate!

I would choose Poipu Kapili. I like Whalers Cove as long as you pick a nice unit. Some are kind of old and outdated. Whalers is right on the water. The views are great. PK is across the street from the water but the interiors of a majority of units are really nice and large. I do not know a thing about Poipu Palms. I bet Napaguy knows.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
18,901 posts
1 review
4. Re: Which Condo/Villa To Pick? Help - getting desperate!

Poipu Palms is a very nice and small complex. I don't believe it has much more than 10-12 units. It's directly on the water like Whaler's Cove but in the eastern end of Poipu right off Pe'e Road. Poipu Kapili and Whaler's Cove are both in the western side of Poipu. The difference is both Poipu Kapili and Whaler's Cove are walking distance to popular spots for dining and shopping at either Kukuiula Village ( from both) or Poipu Shopping Village ( from Poipu Kapili). Poipu Palms means a nice walk to the Grand Hyatt but other than that you may find yourselves hopping in the car to get to most places.

As far as access to beaches....... Poipu Palms would be about a 15 minute down the hill along Pe'e Road to Poipu Beach Park. At some points there is a sidewalk along the road otherwise you're walking on the shoulder. Pe'e Road is a small 2 lane road. Poipu Kapili is a 5 minute walk to the great beach at the Sheraton. Whaler's Cove is the least convenient to good swimming beaches. The closest is about a 10 minute walk to the small and rocky Baby Beach which is great for little ones to safely play in shallow water but may not be what you're looking for in beaches).

It's true what Jebett says...... that Poipu Kapili units are uniformly and overall more updated than Whaler's Cove. Given the cost of the typical Whaler's Cove unit I can't understand why every kitchen I see there is still the cheap white laminate cabinets. But then again you're not buying the place, just staying for a few days. Poipu Palms units will vary by the owner's taste and budget but I know of some great units there and the views are those wow views you're looking for.

Whaler's Cove and Poipu Palms would both give you a more adult feel with less children. plus both would give you those wow views you want. Poipu Kapili is also a smaller complex but there is a chance of having more families there due to the large size and layout of the units and also the location close to the Sheraton beach. The complex is 5 buildings with 2 directly facing the water but with a small road between. The other buildings are angled in such a way where you do have water views from all, some more than others. I love PK but depending on the unit you choose you may not get those wow views there.

You have a tough decision. I can think of reasons to choose all of them.

Edited: 24 September 2015, 07:34
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Which Condo/Villa To Pick? Help - getting desperate!

How about Poipu Kapili on Vrbo we stayed at unit 60 and it covers your requests , ocean front and a premium corner unit!

Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Which Condo/Villa To Pick? Help - getting desperate!

Aloha try Poipu Kapili . We stayed at Unit 60 through VRBO and it sounds like it might satisfy your requests .

Ocean front place see the ocean from bed. A premium deluxe corner unit.

Can't wait until next time in paradise.

Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Which Condo/Villa To Pick? Help - getting desperate!

Aloha

I would choose Poipu Kapili .

We rented Unit 60 on Vrbo and it sounds like it would accommodate your requests.

You can see the ocean while in bed! Deluxe oceanfront corner unit.

Thinking about it makes me miss paradise. mahalo!

central cove
Level Contributor
326 posts
141 reviews
8. Re: Which Condo/Villa To Pick? Help - getting desperate!

My preference would be Whalers Cove. Quiet, seldom see children, elevator, great views, excellent snorkeling

from the property if you don't mind a rocky entry.

We have stayed at both of the units offered by Parrish, and they are both nice.

Short walk to the shops at Kukuiula center.

Whalers cove has no roadway obstructing the view.

California
Level Contributor
41,156 posts
129 reviews
9. Re: Which Condo/Villa To Pick? Help - getting desperate!

Can you give us a link to that VRBO PK 60 please?

California
Level Contributor
10,196 posts
11 reviews
10. Re: Which Condo/Villa To Pick? Help - getting desperate!

You might also check out Alihi Lani. It's near Poipu Kapili and has positive reviews. tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60625-d263196-…

We've looked at Whalers Cove but didn't care for the vibe or the elevators. I love the looks and location of Poipu Kapili and Alihi Lani.