We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation rentals/condos that allow wedding receptions?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
176 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Vacation rentals/condos that allow wedding receptions?

Hi everyone,

Trying to figure out if having a reception (for a fee) at a condo/vacation rental in Poipu is an option? It seems like Kiahuna Resort might allow this?

Ideally, looking for something where we could bring in own catering/alcohol.

Is there a condo or vacation rental resort that rents out club houses or some area of the property for receptions?

OR, if anyone knows of very large houses that are rented out that allow for small receptions (like 25 or less people).

Thanks so much!

California
Level Contributor
37,637 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation rentals/condos that allow wedding receptions?

There are homes that do allow weddings. I only know a few on the North Shore and you have to make sure how many they allow.

Yes Kiahuna has a wedding site and a site fee as all resorts do. I do know you can bring your caterer. I would contact a wedding planner if this were me.

http://www.weddings-kauai.com/resorts.php

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
17,175 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation rentals/condos that allow wedding receptions?

Yes, I've seen weddings on the lawns at Kiahuna. However, I don't believe they would approve a gathering of 25 or so people in one of the condos. That's a different story. It seems like most have the group then go over to Plantation Gardens restaurant just a short walk away. Really, the units at Kiahuna are on the smaller side. I can't see one even accommodating a group very well. Most owners do not approve of large gatherings in their units and would request the rental company to also not allow it.

While most resorts , including Kiahuna, have a wedding ceremony site, I don't believe I've ever seen a reception on the grounds with caterers brought in but I could be wrong on that. You should do as Jebett suggests, call a wedding planner. You could also call Outrigger Resorts and ask them if receptions with private caterers are allowed on the grounds. Or Castle Resorts. These two companies manage most of the units there and I'm sure they'd know. If not, they could direct you to the Kiahuna owners association. They could certainly give you the final answer.

California
Level Contributor
37,637 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation rentals/condos that allow wedding receptions?

Plantation Garden for a reception is an excellent idea. Ceremony on the grounds and walk over to PG.

California
Level Contributor
9,707 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation rentals/condos that allow wedding receptions?

Plantation Garden is on the grounds of Kiahuna Plantation, and they perform wedding ceremonies in the garden--a very beautiful setting. I've also seen ceremonies performed over by the bridge.

http://pgrestaurant.com/

5. Re: Vacation rentals/condos that allow wedding receptions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2016, 15:18