We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fearless teenage boys and dreams of drowning

Switzerland
Level Contributor
605 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Fearless teenage boys and dreams of drowning

Hi! My big family is going to Poipu and we're all very excited yet at least two mothers in our group have had dreams of one of our teenage kids drowning due to their fearlessness of the ocean.

Can you offer any advice to help relieve this deep-seeded fear? Thanks

Bothell, WA
Level Contributor
23 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Fearless teenage boys and dreams of drowning

Always swim where there is a lifeguard. Fearless is a bad trait to have when dealing with Mother Nature. Currents are very strong in Poipu right now. I lap swim in the ocean 3-4 times a week. Strong swimmer and very fit. Only will swim when life guards are on duty. If the young ones point out the surfers far out catching waves remind them of this-surfers have a cord wrapped to their ankles which (for the most part) keeps them tethered to the board for safety. I talk to the guards every once in awhile and they get very frustrated at the number of unnecessary rescues they must do. Try kauaiexplorer.com for other tips.

42. Re: Fearless teenage boys and dreams of drowning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2016, 14:16