We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kiahuna Plantation

Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Topic
Kiahuna Plantation

Castle or Outrigger ! Confused, they both offer condos at this property. Does anyone know the difference booking either of them ?

California
Level Contributor
9,568 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kiahuna Plantation

Some owners have their condos managed by Castle and others by Outrigger. I really don't think it matters a great deal either way. The owner I now rent from was originally with Outrigger, but is now with Castle.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,766 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kiahuna Plantation

Outrigger has more inventory of units if that matters. I used to hear that Outrigger's housekeeping and services was better but I'm not so sure about that anymore. From what I've heard recently Castle has met their match on those things.

Maybe lscats will see this and respond. As an ex-owner there she's very familiar with the property. I really don't think you can go wrong with either.

santa cruz
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kiahuna Plantation

The condo we rent used to be manged by Outrigger and is now manged by Castle also. The two things I missed last year during our stay was the really nice tropical scented toiletries Outrigger provided and the plumeria flowers housekeeping scattered around the bathroom. Little things to miss I know, but it was still nice. Outrigger also has a nicer on site office over by the orchid garden. Other than that Castle was just fine,although they were a bit stingy with the dishwasher detergent.

I think a lot of KP owners switched to Castle because Outrigger started charging a fee when the owners rented their units themselves.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,551 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kiahuna Plantation

You can also check out Kiahuna Plantation condos through www.vrbo.com

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…poipu

and Parrish Collection.

parrishkauai.com/kauai-condos/…

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,969 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kiahuna Plantation

Outrigger is who we have always used and we use them because we trust them.

California
Level Contributor
9,568 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kiahuna Plantation

So, Scott, since you've always used Outrigger and trust them, are you saying you really have no reason not to trust Castle since you've never used them?

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,766 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Kiahuna Plantation

Scincali, I've heard that also. When owners began to list their properties on places like VRBO Outrigger threw a fit and tossed in some 'discouragements'. Hopefully lscats can clarify.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,764 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kiahuna Plantation

Regardless of the politics, I used to much prefer Outrigger service over Castle. If the OP is direct booking, then I would definitely advise Outrigger!! Also the number of units they carry - their inventory - can make a big difference if trouble arises.

Edited: 18 March 2012, 15:46
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Kiahuna Plantation

I have booked with outrigger on Maui, and was glad I did. A few problems came up and were fixed promptly!

Does the outrigger Kiahuna plantation have a "front desk" with staff etc?

If you rent thru Castle, do they?

We are considering staying here in September and think the property looks really nice.

California
Level Contributor
9,568 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kiahuna Plantation

Yes, both Outrigger and Castle have an office. Both are very good about fixing any problems promptly.