We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New restaurant opening today at Kukui'ula Village

California
Level Contributor
41,433 posts
130 reviews
New restaurant opening today at Kukui'ula Village

We stopped by a new restaurant last night on the advice of a TAer called Lanai but it was a soft opening the owner was putting on for friends. Its a small outdoor restaurant located next door to Living Foods. It is also owned by the same people. The hostess said it would open tonight to the public. The drink menu looked very interesting but the menu is small and looked ok. Some very unusual dishes. I am sorry I didn't take a picture of it. Their appetizers looked better than the entrees. All the other restaurants were really busy so I guess they can handle one more. I am not sure I will try it this visit because I don't have good luck with trying new restaurants so soon after just opening.

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
105 reviews
1. Re: New restaurant opening today at Kukui'ula Village

Aren't they the same people who own BarAcuda? Jebett, I think you should go check it out and report back to us, please.

California
Level Contributor
41,433 posts
130 reviews
2. Re: New restaurant opening today at Kukui'ula Village

No! Jim from BarAcuda sold Living Foods.

Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,585 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: New restaurant opening today at Kukui'ula Village

If the food they serve at the restaurant is as good as the food at the deli counter, go. We picked up sandwiches and poke bowls at Living Foods this summer and they were both DELISH.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,684 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: New restaurant opening today at Kukui'ula Village

Looking forward to hearing about the menu. I love poke and other local treats but my husband is a meat and potatoes or pizza guy.

California
Level Contributor
41,433 posts
130 reviews
5. Re: New restaurant opening today at Kukui'ula Village

Ok everyone...I will take one for the team and go Monday (I do everything scoshis tells me to do). Poke? I don't remember seeing it. I remember a burger, an ahi sandwich (I don't like ahi so it didn't appeal to me) and a couple of good salads. Not a big menu. If you are looking for meat and potatoes, this won't be the place to go.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
15,825 posts
59 reviews
6. Re: New restaurant opening today at Kukui'ula Village

Is there anything new where Josselin's was located? Never mind.... I see that it's now "Tapa's at Kukui'ula".

Edited: 20 November 2016, 06:24
Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
4,016 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: New restaurant opening today at Kukui'ula Village

Well, heck. I am in Kukui'ula all the time and didn't see this coming. Next door to Living Foods? Which end? - I can't even picture it. Grrrr. Jebett, you have all the luck! I'm going to try and catch my DH down in Koloa and get him to do a drive-by for me! Curiosity kills this cat.....

Edited: 20 November 2016, 06:28
California
Level Contributor
41,433 posts
130 reviews
8. Re: New restaurant opening today at Kukui'ula Village

If you are facing the LF front entrance its to the left.

No Martik there is nothing at the Tapas location any longer. Their second attempt under a new name went bye bye awhile ago. There are a few new stores in the center though and I am sure a new restaurant will be going in the former Josselin location at some time.

Edited: 20 November 2016, 06:33
Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
4,016 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: New restaurant opening today at Kukui'ula Village

Too funny. DH is there right now - and he can't see anything new. I'll have to try tomorrow! Thanks, jebett.

California
Level Contributor
10,232 posts
11 reviews
10. Re: New restaurant opening today at Kukui'ula Village

It was under construction in July. I love the food at LF, so look forward to trying their new place.