We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kauai on a dime

Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Kauai on a dime

My husband and I are coming for a one night trip in mid-May. (we get to fly free, since he works for an airline, but we are poor and don't want to leave our infant and toddler for long, hence the one night trip). What are the most scenic things to do in Kauai using public transportation, and is there a safe place to camp? Any input would be great, thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Taylors Falls...
Level Contributor
764 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Kauai on a dime

Heck, listen to jebett and take the shuttle. She gives the most sensible advice.

Spokane
Level Contributor
870 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: Kauai on a dime

I just hope you come back and tell us of your adventures - it will be great to hear your highlights of the trip. We leave towards the end of May and I hope you are back by then and can tell me your impressions of your quick trip.

Aloha!

53. Re: Kauai on a dime

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 April 2011, 14:32
arizona
Level Contributor
56 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: Kauai on a dime

I think it's marvelous that you are planning a quick get-away to Kauai. As one who, for business & personal reasons, cannot travel for more than 3-4 days at a time (maybe 5 to accommodate international travel), I know you can do it. You have been given several good options here about how to make it work. Choose the 1 that is most comfortable for you. Quick trips are not the best way to travel---not cost effective, and it takes several trips back just to start to get to know your destination---but, if 1 day is all you can do, I say go for it! I can't tell you the number of silly little full day & overnight trips I have taken in my lifetime---many people thought I was nuts to do it, but it worked for me. It will be a memorable little adventure for you and one you will laugh about in years to come. Enjoy your day in paradise with your husband!

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
floating
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
55. Re: Kauai on a dime

How did this work out for you?

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,962 posts
Save Reply
56. Re: Kauai on a dime

bump for AB

57. Re: Kauai on a dime

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 17:19
Get answers to your questions about Lihue
;