We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kauia car rental

Danville, Virginia
1 post
Save Topic
kauia car rental

anyone used any of the local rental companies like Island Cars. they use older vehicles but are about half the price.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kauia car rental

stick " Island Cars" in the search function box and read the old threads. Some pretty ugly horror stories.

Sometimes cheap is no bargain.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
43,454 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kauia car rental

For my upcoming Hawaii vacation, I have been using this website - so far, they have been cheaper than anything else I have found on the web:

http://www.aloharents.com/

For example, I needed a one day rental from Waikiki - most sites were quoting me close to $100 a day, whereas I booked with them for about $34, and that included taxes/fees. Good luck! :)

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
25,313 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kauia car rental

coal, I recently got a rate of $23/day inclusive from www.hawaiidiscountcarrentals.com

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
43,454 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kauia car rental

Were you booking a long rental? Just curious - I had heard that aloha rents and hawaiidiscount were the same company, but I didn't compare btw the 2. Maybe I need to do that! :)

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
25,313 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kauia car rental

No, it was a one-day rate. Two days for the same daily rate, too. This was for a compact, which is what I always rent.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
43,454 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kauia car rental

I might have to have them give me a rate - was planning to do the priceline game once it got a bit closer - I also have a compact car reserved. Thanks pzp! :)

ajspokane
Level Contributor
69 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: kauia car rental

I used island cars last year in January. For 7 days it was $150. It was a older KIA with squeaky brakes, no AC or radio but the CD player worked. They took cash and checks no credit cards.

I had no problem with the car breaking down. This place was a life saver for us. We wouldnt have been able to get a rental without them. I would recommend them but also say the cars arent the best but they get you to wherever you need to go. We went all over the island.

8. Re: kauia car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2012, 21:43
Get answers to your questions about Lihue