We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info on new restaurant in Kapaa where Scotty's was

California
Level Contributor
37,264 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Info on new restaurant in Kapaa where Scotty's was

bizjournals.com/pacific/…

A new family-run restaurant called The Beachwalk Restaurant and Grill is on track to open this October on Kauai on the site of the former Scotty’s Beachside BBQ.

Donny Kimi, who prefers to go by Uncle Donny, acquired the lease for the space in February and said he is overseeing the new family restaurant, which has been in the works for the past six months or so.

Kimi, who is a pastor for New Hope Kauai, has experience in the hotel and restaurant industry spanning 30 years.

“We’ve lived here on Kauai for six years, but we’re a kamaaina family — we used to own Kauai Sands Hotel, which we sold about seven years ago,” he said. “This restaurant has truly been a blessing from God ... it has been a calling of mine to do this and use this as a vehicle to reach other people.”

The restaurant will employ between 18 and 25 people, and Kimi said he is in the process of recruiting a team right now. Renovations are also underway, though he declined to share costs.

“Every seat in the restaurant is an ocean-view seat,” he said. “For breakfast we’ll be serving everything from omelets to steak benedict; We will be serving everything in the evening from comfort food to fresh fish.”

The restaurant plans to officially open on Oct. 1, and will be open daily for breakfast from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m., and reopen for dinner from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,897 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info on new restaurant in Kapaa where Scotty's was

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Well, if he is a pastor at New Hope, he'll have a built in clientele....that is a BIG congregation!

Wonderful location, so I hope that it is something everyone can enjoy. We'll see.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,110 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Info on new restaurant in Kapaa where Scotty's was

Surprised they aren't serving lunch. I'm not a fan of breakfast for lunch. Hopefully the church isn't tea totalers.

You can't beat that view so I'm sure we will stop at least once. Thanks for the update, Joan.

Edited: 03 August 2013, 05:21
Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Info on new restaurant in Kapaa where Scotty's was

It will be wonderful to have something back in that location - love that view!...and good breakfast sound good to me!

California
Level Contributor
37,264 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Info on new restaurant in Kapaa where Scotty's was

I smell a get together when I am back in November, Mezzsop and Shanty!!!

Kapaa, Hawaii
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Info on new restaurant in Kapaa where Scotty's was

Yeah I am so happy to hear that.

We are going to patronize this restaurant a lot.

Mahalo for the update.

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,597 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Info on new restaurant in Kapaa where Scotty's was

Can't wait to check it out in Jan.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
144 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Info on new restaurant in Kapaa where Scotty's was

Where is this restaurant located? west, east, north coast?

thx.

Edited: 02 October 2013, 04:19
Middletown...
Level Contributor
887 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Info on new restaurant in Kapaa where Scotty's was

Kapaa: http://goo.gl/maps/vQERD

Edited: 02 October 2013, 05:46
California
Level Contributor
37,264 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Info on new restaurant in Kapaa where Scotty's was

On the far north end of Kapaa, oceanside. It looks like a house.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,923 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Info on new restaurant in Kapaa where Scotty's was

As of Sunday they had a new sign up, but I saw no indication of when they might open. The new Kapa`a Cafe is open (where Backyards was in the center of town). Still looks like a sports bar from the outside.