We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Kings Land, Waikoloa - 1 bedroom, bath configuration?

Colorado
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Hilton Kings Land, Waikoloa - 1 bedroom, bath configuration?

Family of 4 (two kids are boy, 10, and girl, 14) first trip to the Big Island this coming summer. We have booked a room at Kings Land - a 1 BR to be exact. We currently have a King bed with a King sofabed/pullout couch. Did some additional reading tonight.....can anyone confirm/deny that the bathroom doesn't have a typical door? it looks like it is wide open to the bedroom area, which may not work so well for us with a teen and preteen! 2 BRs are unavailable when trying to book online.

Another question was whether or not they'd allow a rollaway bed in the room as well (whether it's a King 1BR or a 2 Doubles 1BR).

Really like the idea of Kings Land (pools, quietness, condo benefits, and still able to access pools at the Hilton Hotel if we'd like), but if the bedroom/bathroom setup is as I surmise, it might be a no-go for us.

Portland, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Waikoloa
Level Contributor
955 posts
136 reviews
1. Re: Hilton Kings Land, Waikoloa - 1 bedroom, bath configuration?

We stayed at the Kings Land a couple of years ago. We had the 2b/2b configuration. The king bedroom bathroom was next to the king bedroom and does not have a door to close from the bedroom. There is a wood partition which is completely see-through and a wide open walk-in to the bathroom. There is a 2 sink vanity (huge). The shower has a glass wall which you walk around to use the shower. The toliet is next to the shower in a "glass room" but the glass is tinted and did have door. We also had a jacuzzi bathtub which was really nice, but again no door.

The 2nd bathroom was your traditional bathroom set up - sink, toilet, shower, tub with a door just off the hallway. The 2nd bedroom was 2 double beds and was really nice.

I would call the Kings Land personally and tell them your concerns about the 1b/1b set up and it just would not work and see if they might have some cancellations or be able to better accomodate your family.

Colorado
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Hilton Kings Land, Waikoloa - 1 bedroom, bath configuration?

Thanks for the idea, Susie6505.... I just spoke with the reservations office at Kings Land. They are completely sold out of 2 bedrooms for our dates. Sounds like I'll need to be cancelling our reservation.

Portland, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Waikoloa
Level Contributor
955 posts
136 reviews
3. Re: Hilton Kings Land, Waikoloa - 1 bedroom, bath configuration?

Have you tried VRBO to look for accommodations? I have had very good luck. Not sure of your dates, but here is the link for VRBO - Waikoloa Beach Resort area - I hope this helps.

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…

Let me know if I can help. We love the Big Island.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,528 posts
47 reviews
4. Re: Hilton Kings Land, Waikoloa - 1 bedroom, bath configuration?

Many condo complexes in Waikoloa Beach Resort and Mauna Lani Resort built in the past 8 yrs or so, have that wacky "open bedroom/bathroom" configuration.

We have stayed at a number of the different complexes and have experienced this rather impractical design.

The situation that the OP describes, plus even a lone couple occupying the unit will experience a potential sleep disruption in the event one partner is up when the other is still sleeping.

I struggle to embrace this design, and personally will avoid renting units with this configuration.

There are however a number that offer a separated sleeping quarters and bathroom area....in order to choose from.

5. Re: Hilton Kings Land, Waikoloa - 1 bedroom, bath configuration?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 17:19