We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BOTH: kolea vs. fairway villas

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
83 reviews
Save Topic
BOTH: kolea vs. fairway villas

Wondering if anyone knows if both of these units supply blow-dryers?? Kinda of a crazy question but trying to pack light and don't really want to bring one :) Thanks in advance.

Level Contributor
9,389 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BOTH: kolea vs. fairway villas

So, just to clarify....are you staying at both properties or considering each one??? Depending on the unit...they are polar opposite properties.

We have stayed at both. Kolea had wall mounted blow dryer units , and the owner of the unit we stayed in at Fairways Villas supplied one.

I , however am rather particular when it comes to blow dryers (thick, long, heavy hair) and always travel with my own.

Suggest you call the owner of the unit you are considering to inquire, if a unit supplied dryer will work for you.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
26,434 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BOTH: kolea vs. fairway villas

Welcome to Trip Advisor first!

Second, have you ever heard the phrase, "Hawaii Hair"? As in, you are in Hawaii, and the trade winds are blowing, and you have been in the ocean snorkeling, and then the chlorinated pool, and then the hard water shower (okay, I don't know if you have soft water in Barrie or not), and who really cares, cuz you are on HOLIDAY!!! And no one really cares what you look like!

Of course, I am working on the assumption that your avatar is you, and you have short hair. So please accept my apology now if I just put my foot in my mouth! I have short hair as well, and honestly, I use my fingers to brush my hair on Maui! It's all good!

If you wanted, you could leave your hair blower at home, and if the condo doesn't have one, just buy one at the Wal Mart and leave it behind in the condo as a "gift". We find the prices anywhere in Hawaii cheaper than at home (British Columbia), and the taxes are lower there too. Of course, I don't know when you are traveling, and where our dollar will be by then either.

Have a fantastic trip!

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
39,477 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BOTH: kolea vs. fairway villas

That's very true that no one here styles their hair. A blow dryer can be useful for longer hair that doesn't dry quickly if you are going from pool or ocean to shower to dinner in a short time, so as not to go to the restaurant with fully wet hair.

I definitely would not pick something as important as lodging based on that. You want the lodging that is right for you. A blow dryer costs no more than $30 for a decent one.

I have used wall mounted ones at the hotels that were IMO opinion crap compared to what I own but almost never use. Bad for my hair, too hot, no directional control, useless for styling, no attachments, and only effective for blasting moisture out of hair. So if you are particular you would want something better than what is common.

If your avatar is you, your short hair will dry very fast and you won't need one. My hair takes an hour to dry but is longer. The fact is the humidity and wind here will undo any styling measures in short order, so you may as well not bother about that.

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
4. Re: BOTH: kolea vs. fairway villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 18:18