We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter 2018 on the Big Island

Whitehorse, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Easter 2018 on the Big Island

Does anyone know of an Easter egg hunt on the Big Island for Easter 2018? We are staying in the Waikaloa Village area that weekend and hoping for a hunt on Sunday, April 1st. Thanks!

12 replies to this topic
South Pole
Level Contributor
41,197 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Easter 2018 on the Big Island

There’s a big event that benefits cerebral palsy at Waikoloa Beach Resort. There’s always an egg hunt in Hilo, where the Merrie Monarch will be starting on that Sunday. Waikoloa Village is a residential community, so you’ll want to go down to the tourist area.

I can’t recommend Waikoloa Village as a very good base with kids, btw. I hope you know what you are getting by staying up the hill there.

South Pole
Level Contributor
41,197 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Easter 2018 on the Big Island

PS. Konaweb island calendar is a great resource for events.

Whitehorse, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Easter 2018 on the Big Island

I sure do! I’ve stayed in the area before but on this trip we are actually staying in the Mauna Lani resort area for 2 wks, just in Waikaloa Village for the final two nights. Thanks for the advice about Easter!

South Pole
Level Contributor
41,197 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Easter 2018 on the Big Island

So, my apologies, I totally mixed up the event for Fourth of July (because it has a duck theme). I’m not finding any info on Easter hunts 2018. In some prior years there was a big hunt in Waikoloa Village in the park behind the school, but no idea if that continues. Ditto for Hilo.

There will be life sized (human actors) bunny and duck appearing at the Queens Marketplace on Saturday the 31st, FWIW. The shopping centers at WBR have online events calendars.

Maybe it’s just too soon for promotions to be online.

Skagway, Alaska
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
5. Re: Easter 2018 on the Big Island

How about Skagway!

Waikoloa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
39 reviews
6. Re: Easter 2018 on the Big Island

The Easter Bunny will be visiting Queens' Marketplace March 31, 10 am - noon in Waikoloa Beach Resort. He/she will be available for pictures with keiki. http://queensmarketplace.net/index.php/events

Fremont, California
1 post
1 review
7. Re: Easter 2018 on the Big Island

Hello! I am wondering if the Waikoloa Village is the same as the Hilton Waikoloa. If so, why do you think it's not good for kids (unless I'm reading that wrong).

Whitehorse, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
8. Re: Easter 2018 on the Big Island

Hilton Waikoloa is different from Waikoloa Village. You and your kids will love it! Waikoloa Village is fine, just not tons to do there and you end up driving everyday to get to other areas.

Big Island, Hawaii
Level Contributor
31,163 posts
9. Re: Easter 2018 on the Big Island

The Hilton sucks IMO. Slave dolphins, unheated pools, no beach, mediocre rooms and service, overpriced food options, hard to get in and out of. So many better options on the island.

5 posts
1 review
10. Re: Easter 2018 on the Big Island

There's an Easter egg hunt in Waikoloa Village on the 31st. Here's the link to an article from West Hawaii Today that describes it.

westhawaiitoday.com/2018/…

Reply to: Easter 2018 on the Big Island
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted