We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cody Restaurant Suggestions

washington, d.c.
Level Contributor
148 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cody Restaurant Suggestions

We (daughters 28 and 17 and I) are making a side trip to Cody as part of our visit to GTNP and YNP in July. After GTNP, we will spend two nights at Lake and then drive out of the park to Cody and stay overnight. We hope to go to the rodeo and the museum, and then head back to Old Faithful for two nights. We have hotel reservations in Jackson, GTNP, YNP and Cody.

I've read through the reviews of various Cody restaurants and many seem less than enthusiastic. We do plan to go to the rodeo, so perhaps we should just keep things really informal and eat there - is the food typical carnival/fair stuff and if so, is it good? Otherwise, I would love to hear recommendations for restaurants people like in Cody.

Thank you very much!

Hefei98

Chevy Chase, MD

Mentioned in this post
Cody
Cody
Wyoming
Jackson
Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY
The Local
$$ - $$$, American, Contemporary, Healthy
Our Place
$, American, Cafe, Diner
Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
7,563 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cody Restaurant Suggestions

>is the food typical carnival/fair stuff and if so, is it good?

Hot dogs, etc. Ok, but nothing special.

>recommendations for restaurants people like in Cody.

We like the Irma Hotel dining room. Good food, lots of history (the bar was a gift to Buffalo Bill from the queen of England. Be sure you're seated in the main dining room and not in the annex near the bar (which fills up with smoke and cowboys).

Mentioned in this post
Cody
Cody
Wyoming
Buffalo
Buffalo
Wyoming
Madison, WI
Level Contributor
8,453 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cody Restaurant Suggestions

I've always had really good food and service at the Proud Cut. No lines and not touristy.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60442-d51…

Thermopolis, Wyoming
Level Contributor
33 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cody Restaurant Suggestions

I second the Proud Cut if you are a beef fan. We also like the Cody Rib and Chop House. My wife's favorite is Zapata's, which is a Mexican restaurant. I don't particularly care for it as much. All are located downtown on the main street through town. The Irma, which was earlier recommended, is right there too. You have lots of decent dining options in Cody.

Mentioned in this post
The Cody Hotel
The Cody Hotel
1,105 Reviews
Cody, WY
Wyoming's Rib and Chop House
Wyoming's Rib and Chop...
1,368 Reviews
Cody, WY
Cody
Cody
Wyoming
washington, d.c.
Level Contributor
148 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cody Restaurant Suggestions

Thanks to all for the suggestions. We will keep them in mind. Excited about the visit to Cody, although it may be hard to pull ourselves away from Yellowstone.

I am very appreciative of the generosity of this forum. Thanks again.

Hefei98

Chevy Chase, MD

Mentioned in this post
Cody
Cody
Wyoming
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cody Restaurant Suggestions

We spent a night in Cody after time in Yellowstone and the Tetons and absolutely loved it. My husband and I had dinner at the Irma and had such a great meal we went back for lunch the next day before we had to leave town. Not only is the food excellent but you are dining in a charming, historic building. I strongly recommend it!!

Mentioned in this post
Cody
Cody
Wyoming
Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
7,563 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cody Restaurant Suggestions

>dining in a charming, historic building

In the Irma dining room, the long, ornate cherrywood bar was a gift from Queen Victoria to Buffalo Bill.

Mentioned in this post
Victoria
Victoria
Vancouver Island, Canada
Buffalo
Buffalo
Wyoming
7. Re: Cody Restaurant Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2016, 15:17