We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

easy travel

Leander, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
easy travel

I plan on coming to a hi school reunion in Sept. It is to be held at the Little Creek Golf Course. Are there any hotels nearby, that may have shuttles...maybe even airport shuttles? I don't want to rent a car...I am unfamiliar with the roads, etc....age 80!! thanks. Oldhorsegal.

3 replies to this topic
Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,537 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: easy travel

Oldhorsegal..you might want to contact the person in charge of the reunion. They probably live in Charleston and might be able to put together a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and then to the reunion. Of course you could always take a cab too. Looks like there is a Holiday Inn Express..and a Hampton Inn fairly close to Little Creek. Good luck!!

Wv
Destination Expert
for West Virginia
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: easy travel

The airport and the golf course are a little over 10 miles apart.

There is a Wingate, Holiday Inn, and Microtel Inn & Suites about 3 miles from the golf course...the Wingate has a shuttle from the airport...you could maybe get a taxi to the reunion from there. Or call them and see if the shuttle will take you...they often do things like that. Make sure you get the Wingate in South Charleston...not sure if there is another one....

I am not real familiar with the area....just drive by, mostly stay in downtown. Have a wonderful reunion!!!

Edited: 23 May 2012, 04:16
charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: easy travel

Hello fellow Black Eagle.

Not sure how long it's been since your last visit. Little Creek Golf Course is the old Kanawha Country Club in Spring Hill section of town.. When it went belly up the City bought it and it is now part of the SC Recreation Department. The property connects with Little Creek Park so there's the name change.

You might check with the city for more info.

The two hotels closest to the "Country Club" would be the Wyndham(WinGate) (whatever). I drive by it but never pay attention. and Holiday Inn located downtown on Second Ave. Might be good spot for you. Right across street from the old highschool which is still open as middle school.

The Hoilday Inn has just gone through a total remodel changing from Ramada Inn to Holiday Inn. No info on shuttle service.

Really. Bout as close would be Southridge shopping area. Located out near Davis Creek if that rings a bell. Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn located out there. Pretty sure I've seen a Hampton Inn shuttle out and about.

Edited: 29 May 2012, 01:58
Reply to: easy travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about South Charleston