We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Groceries and massage/spa

Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Groceries and massage/spa

This will be an odd request, I admit but I am feeling the need to be prepared for my upcoming trip to Spokane. My friend will be starting chemo. I am her chemo buddy for the first treatment. I am flying from Arizona into spokane for a week to be with her. I'd like to treat her to a massage or something similar the night before her chemo. Maybe a pedicure if she feels up to it, too. Any recommendations on where I could take her? Maybe a nice dinner before?

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
24,814 posts
112 reviews
1. Re: Groceries and massage/spa

I am not an expert, but your friend may need to check with her chemo physician to see if massage would be contraindicated based on her particular type of cancer.

Best of luck to her and to you.

Pam

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Spokane
Level Contributor
3,489 posts
114 reviews
2. Re: Groceries and massage/spa

Urbanna Spa on Division and 2nd ave, next to starbucks is a great option. Nice place and great services. Lots of dining options, any thing in mind?

Do you know what part of town you will be staying in, to keep your driving time-travel down might recommed options closer to where you will be as you will have enough stress as it is

Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Groceries and massage/spa

Thank you! Yes, 6900 north block of whitehouse street. Thank you so much:-)

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
4. Re: Groceries and massage/spa

Catalina, the Northtown Mall is up north close to where you will be and has what you might be looking for,.Q nails, is there and they do a great job on nails and foot or hand massages also they have good prices.

My favorite restaurant is there the Mustard Seed, Chilies is there too.

Take a look...

www.northtownmall.com

www.mustardseedasiancafe.com

You two might just have fun poking around the mall and sharing in the girl friends moments.

By the way you sound like a great friend that will go to all the trouble to be with a friend during a very serious time, I salute you.

Collie

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Spokane
Level Contributor
3,489 posts
114 reviews
5. Re: Groceries and massage/spa

Yes, you are well up north of downtown, so NT mall (mustard seed is good!) is handy and Urbanna is a 6 mile drive to downtown so something closer would be easier.

Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Groceries and massage/spa

All your recommendations are much appreciated. I am looking forward to this time with my childhood friend and catching up. Hopefully I can make things for her a little bit brighter:-)

7. Re: Groceries and massage/spa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Spokane