We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Car at GEG

New York, NY
Level Contributor
37 posts
61 reviews
Rental Car at GEG

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows what rental car companies are actually located at the airport terminal, and a shuttle to/from a rental parking lot isn't required. Would prefer to be able to walk to the rental car from the terminal.

Thanks a lot,

Marc

Washington
Level Contributor
6,144 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: Rental Car at GEG

All the major car companies are right in the terminal. I typically rent from Hertz or Enterprise, the car lot is right behind the counters, outside the terminal. The only problem is depending which terminal you arrive at, it can be a very long walk. I usually arrive at terminal C on Alaska - it's a hike. Here is the airport map:

www.spokaneairports.net/images/map_term.jpg

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: Rental Car at GEG

Budget and Thrifty are also there and tend to run a bit cheaper then the other companies unless you have a discount of some kind.

As Island girl said the lot for the rentals is just right out the terminal door which is right behind the rental counters it's not like it is in many other cities where you have to take a shuttle or walk a half mile to get your car. Oh yes meant to say even if you arrive on Alaska air which is terminal C the walk to the rental counters is all inside and really not that far.

Collie

Edited: 05 February 2013, 14:45
New York, NY
Level Contributor
37 posts
61 reviews
3. Re: Rental Car at GEG

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I just booked through one of those sites that doesn't tell you the rental company until you've booked, and it's Alamo so hopefully it should be convenient. It's free cancellation so no worries, but will need to call them to make sure the suv we've booked (Ford Escape) is indeed 4 wheel drive and no extra charges to go up to BC. We're flying in on Alaska but a bit of a walk will do us good before getting in the car for a few hours. Thanks a lot, Marc

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
4. Re: Rental Car at GEG

Marc, you shouldn't have any problems getting an SUV it's really the car of choice in these parts. If they are out, Alamo is small compared to some of the other rental companies here, make sure and have them get you another from another agency there. When I book a car I always ask to see the cars first before I sign anything you have a right to get what you want.

Have a great trip and I'm assuming you know about insurance papers at the border and that some agencies don't allow there cars into Canada, maybe afraid you won't come back, lol.

Collie

New York, NY
Level Contributor
37 posts
61 reviews
5. Re: Rental Car at GEG

Hi Collie,

Thanks for the info. I called the counter and the guy said all we need to cross the border is the rental agreement. I have 3rd party excess insurance for all my car rentals so will bring that document too. Thanks a lot,

Marc

New York, NY
Level Contributor
37 posts
61 reviews
6. Re: Rental Car at GEG

Also, assuming it's 2.5 hrs to Rossland BC?

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
7. Re: Rental Car at GEG

Marc, it depends on the time of day at the border, how many cars, the speed at which they can be processed however at the crossing that you'll use it usually goes pretty fast and normally is not that busy compared to other crossing.

I'm glad you're bringing the added insurance people have been turned back without it.

Collie

8. Re: Rental Car at GEG

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2014, 17:19
Get answers to your questions about Spokane