We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel + Activities in Spokane During New Years

sherwood park...
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Hotel + Activities in Spokane During New Years

Hi,

Our family of four, including 2 children ages 12& 8 are planning a last minute trip to spend the week after Christmas in Spokane or at least in that area. We are hoping to do some shopping, some skiing/tubing, & playing in the hotel pool. Can you please recommend some hotels for me between $75 - $90 per night, that have a pool + free parking. Free Breakfast would be a bonus:) Also, can you give some ideas of other things to do? We will be there on New Years Eve and Day as well. Thanks so much!

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
1. Re: Hotel + Activities in Spokane During New Years

Oh boy, free parking in hotels can be hard to find but if you are a veteran the Red Lion River Inn has free parking and it's right across the street from Rverfront park.

www.redlion.com

Then on the west side of town on sunset highway is the Hampton Inn and they have free parking, pools and free breakfast I think. It's just 5 minutes from downtown.

www.spokane.hamptoninn.com

For you and your kids on New Years eve we have what is called, first night, and it's full of fun things to do. Have a look at this web-site and it should be of help.

www.visitspokane.com

www.spokaneriverfrontpark.com

For shopping there's Riverpark Square downtown or the Northtown mall on north division St. both easy to find. Northtown has free parking. Downtown you'd have to use one of the parking garages and pay. But if you stayed at the Red Lion you could walk to everything.

www.northtownmall.com

www.riverparksquare.com

Just check it out and see what you think. This time of year I'd barter with them because unless there is a large event going on the hotels won't be that full.

If you still don't find what you want just ask.

Collie

Edited: 20 December 2012, 11:42
sherwood park...
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Hotel + Activities in Spokane During New Years

Thanks Collie! Is it fairly quiet in town then? Do you think we will have enough to do at this time of year? Also, I was looking at the La Quinta or the Best Western Peppertree. It looks like these are farther out of the downtown core but are they ok hotels?

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
3. Re: Hotel + Activities in Spokane During New Years

I've heard some good things about the Peppertree don't know about the La Quinta, did you by any chance see what people had to say about them on TA.

That time of year will be just fine for you. Did you check out Visit Spokane for what is going on then? They are usually good about telling what is up.There should be lots of good sales going on to.

There are some really nice hotels around but some won't be right for you such as no parking paid or otherwise, to far out, no inside pools those kind of things.

I really think you'll like this....

www.firstnightspokane.org

Collie

sherwood park...
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Hotel + Activities in Spokane During New Years

First NIght looks like a fabulous time! We are going to adjust our travel days so that we can be there to take in all the festivities on the 31st. One more question, is there a restaurant you would recommend for New Years Day brunch? Thanks for all the help. I really appreciate it!

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
5. Re: Hotel + Activities in Spokane During New Years

The one place that has great special brunch is not having them on New years day but I'm working on others, some are not open yet so I'll keep at it.

Here is two fun places that are open New Years and serve breakfast almost all day if you want...

Franks diner is in a railroad car that both adults and kids love, it seems to always gets voted #1 for breakfast. Early on up until around 10AM it's very very busy.

www.franksdiners.com

The Satellite Diner and lounge is another place that gets great reviews and is reasonably priced they also serve breakfast for hours.

www.satellitediner.com

I'll keep looking.

Collie

sherwood park...
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Hotel + Activities in Spokane During New Years

Those restaurants look so good and full of fun! Thank you Collie. This is going to be a surprise to our kids so I think they will be really excited about all the fun things to do!

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
7. Re: Hotel + Activities in Spokane During New Years

It seems there a a few restaurants open, a couple more are Anthony's at Spokane Falls, not sure you had this in mind but have a look...

www.anthonys.com

clinkendaggers

www.clinkerdagger.com

Both these have good food and are popular but you'll have to see what fits for your family.

Everyone likes Beverly's in Coeur d'Alene, they are having a fabulous 6 course dinner that day for around $100 per person, out of my budget but it's really nice. Looks out over the lake top chefs great atmosphere.

I'm sure many more are open for that day but there's a few.

Since you have children and may not want fancy fancy Franks or the Satellite would do nicely.

I'll still be happy to ask around for other options if you like, no problem.

Collie

8. Re: Hotel + Activities in Spokane During New Years

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2013, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Spokane