We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable lodging or occasional rental? July 8 and 9, 2011

Seattle
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonable lodging or occasional rental? July 8 and 9, 2011

My daughter's best friend is getting married on July 9 on Lopez Island. My daughter, Shani, offered to make the wedding cake as her gift to the couple. She'll need a place to stay for July 8 and 9 with at least a kitchenette. Her search for a place to stay for those two nights suggested a per night rate of over $200. Shani barely covers her own rent most months. Any suggestions for places to stay that wouldn't charge such high prices? Please, we need the help! Thank you.

1 reply
San Juan Island...
Destination Expert
for San Juan Islands
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonable lodging or occasional rental? July 8 and 9, 2011

The Wayfarer's Rest hostel in Friday Harbor says it includes "A large common area room with full kitchen facilities" and they are the lowest cost place you'll find anywhere on the islands except for camping.

They have low cost dorm rooms and are located right in the town so one can easily walk to the ferry and walk on the ferry to get over to Lopez from FH.

I see a web site for them at http://www.rockisland.com/~wayfarersrest/

and there are reviews of it here on TA at tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60957-d672320-…

Reply to: Reasonable lodging or occasional rental? July 8 and 9, 2011
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lopez Island