We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip family vacation

Level Contributor
15 posts
Road trip family vacation

Driving from Milwaukee to Virginia Beach with wife, 14 yr old and 16 yr old. Leaving 7/22 and thinking it will take 2 days of driving, I'm wondering where would be a good place to spend a night? Stay until 7/28, then driving back. Any hotel recomendations? Or points of interest recomendations? Thanks!

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
15,047 posts
123 reviews
1. Re: Road trip family vacation

If you are looking for info on what to see and do and where to stay between Milwaukee and Virginia Beach, you might want to post on the Road Trips forum.

I note that Charleston, West Virginia is slightly more than halfway from Milwaukee to VB and the Washington Post's Travel Section for tomorrow will have a front page story on why one should go there. As a subscriber to the print edition, I get the Travel Section on Saturday, but the article may not be online until Sunday. I'll try to check tomorrow for a link to the story.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
15,047 posts
123 reviews
2. Re: Road trip family vacation

Here's the link to the article on Charleston, West Virginia:

https:/…

3. Re: Road trip family vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2018, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach