We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Breakers vs Capes Hotel

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
The Breakers vs Capes Hotel

I just reserved for our family of 5 (3 girls 11 - 14) rooms at both Breakers and Capes because I am booking rather late for an end of August trip and we are limited to suites due to being 5 people. The price was very similar. Which would be better for us? I read reviews for both.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: The Breakers vs Capes Hotel

I also reserved the Econo Lodge - all had fair cancellation policies so now we have to decide!

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,829 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: The Breakers vs Capes Hotel

The three are really not far apart...sort of in the same area.

Capes and Econo Lodge are just a little closer to two mini golf; right beside Breakers is the amusement park. Breakers is also close to the Pier.

There are lots of places to get food near these hotels. Also, Sunsations for beach gear is easy to access, bicycles are available especially at public entrances.

Fireworks is shot off around 21st from a barge.

Events may be a deciding factor, too. Check here for the fireworks schedule and look for the prompts for events and festivals: https://www.beachstreetusa.com/calendar

8/17 will be the free Family Great Adventure at 26th. 8/25-26 will be the big Funkfest with lots of entertainment at 24th st.

Edited: 06 July 2017, 16:36
Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,829 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: The Breakers vs Capes Hotel

I also believe the others' pools are outside. The Capes has a pool sort of inside...but surrounded by sliding glass doors that are opened until it rains. You don't sit around the pool in the sun there but walk a couple of feet to the deck for that.

You can also google walk the boardwalk to get a feel for it all. The google car came by when holiday decorations were going up so it's not summery. So the amusement park is not there alongside the boardwalk as it is moved there for warmer weather.

4. Re: The Breakers vs Capes Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2018, 15:17
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach