We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Umbrella and Chair Rentals

Washington DC...
3 posts
Save Topic
Umbrella and Chair Rentals

I will be going to VA Beach with my family at the end of July. I was trying to avoid over packing and wanted to know if there are beach umbrellas and chair rentals and around how much would it cost per day (2 chairs and one umbrella).

Mentioned in this post
5 replies to this topic
Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,829 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Umbrella and Chair Rentals

You can rent ones already set up to rent on the beach by some hotels. Others, there is the area by the entry to the beach from the boardwalk to rent chairs, umbrellas, etc. While we bring ours from home, friends have found the beach front rentals easy and the purchases at places like the numerous Sunsations nearby less costly. It is not uncommon at all for people to then leave the chairs they purchased behind, say leaning carefully against one of the trash barrels, for the next visitor to pick up and enjoy. Friends have even offered theirs to families obviously just arriving.

Here are locations:

visitvirginiabeach.com/listings/sunsations.a…

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,829 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Umbrella and Chair Rentals

Here's a VB Sunny Day Guide. Click on coupons. Can be helpful:

http://sunnydayguide.com/virginia-beach/

Washington DC...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Umbrella and Chair Rentals

Thanks! I will check it out.

Washington DC...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Umbrella and Chair Rentals

Thanks! This is good to know.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Umbrella and Chair Rentals

the week before Memorial Day if I recall correctly, deluxe loungers were $20 each per day plus $10.00 per umbrella.

makes much more sense to purchase at Sunsations , as explorer says and leave for some other beach goers.

Reply to: Umbrella and Chair Rentals
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;