We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Cervantes for 1 night from Perth

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Getting to Cervantes for 1 night from Perth

On a trip to Perth, I want to spend one night in Cervantes. I checked on the Greyhound website and busses leave Perth on Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning and Return on Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday afternoon. This means that I can not only spend 1 night if I take a greyhound.

Are there any other ways to get to Cervantes without taking a car?

7 replies to this topic
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
25,192 posts
70 reviews
1. Re: Getting to Cervantes for 1 night from Perth

Doesn't look like it. You might look at tour companies to see if any of them offers an overnight, though I doubt it.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Getting to Cervantes for 1 night from Perth

hmmm... If I have to spend 2 nights, does anyone have any suggestions about something to do for the 2nd day?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
7,064 posts
49 reviews
3. Re: Getting to Cervantes for 1 night from Perth

It's a fishing town. You can go to the pub or fish.

Or fish first and then go to the pub. Your choice. :-)

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
296 reviews
4. Re: Getting to Cervantes for 1 night from Perth

I assume you're going to Cervantes to visit the Pinnacles...do be aware that the Pinnacles are a 17 km drive from town - not sure how you'd get there w/o a car or some sort of tour.

Things to do:

Visit the Discovery Center (inside Nambung Nat'l Park - it closes at 4:30)

Walk the loop trail - this begins behind the Discovery Center and takes about an hour

Visit Hanson Bay - there's a 70 step climb to the lookout which offers views of town, Lake Thetis and some neighboring islands.

Visit Lake Thetis (part of Nambung National Park) - there's a boardwalk which leads to a viewing area overlooking some stromatolites. There’s a trail that circles the lake too.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
100 posts
50 reviews
5. Re: Getting to Cervantes for 1 night from Perth

Your from Melbourne? Take a car, great new highway up to Cervantes but stay in Jurien Bay overnight then pub or fish or fish then pub.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
641 posts
52 reviews
6. Re: Getting to Cervantes for 1 night from Perth

As you will need transport out to the Pinnacles from Cervantes (I assume the Pinnacles is your reason to visit Cervantes) I would suggest organizing a day tour from Perth.

Try pinnacletours.com.au/day-tours-from-perth/

www.aussieperthtours.com.au/full_day.php

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
100 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Getting to Cervantes for 1 night from Perth

hi there brian,

we just did a trip there 2 weeks ago. now is a good time to go because the wildflowers are in full bloom. because of the distance from perth, i would recommend stay at least 2 days. we also spent 2 days in this trip.

basically, we covered on day 1) mainly Pinnacles. you can do lake thetis as well as it's just there. On 2nd day , we drove up further to Lesueur National park and passed by Jurien Bay. The national park is beautiful. We had so much fun having many lizard encounters and just exploring and beautiful wildflowers. I would like to invite you to my recently finished blog about it, so you know what to expect. please feel free to ask me as well as i'm happy to share more about our experience.

thenomadcouple.com/2012/09/19/lesueur-nation…

thenomadcouple.com/2012/09/13/pinnacles-a-ph…

thenomadcouple.com/2012/…stromato-what.aspx

Cheers,

Heart

Reply to: Getting to Cervantes for 1 night from Perth
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted