We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pinnacles to Lancelin Sand Dune

Malaysia
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Pinnacles to Lancelin Sand Dune

I plan to drive from Perth to the above destinations and put up a night in Cervantes. How should I do it? Should I go to Lancelin first then travel via Grey Road to Cervantes or go back to Brand Highway via Lancelin Road? Which road is more time-saving?

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia
A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Margaret River
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pinnacles to Lancelin Sand Dune

Check out this thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255101-i530-k2534…

Malaysia
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pinnacles to Lancelin Sand Dune

I intend to do sandboarding in Lancelin sand dunes . Where exactly is the location and how to contact the operator for sandboarding?

Thanks.

perth
Level Contributor
311 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pinnacles to Lancelin Sand Dune

Once you are in Lancelin ( a very small town) there are a number of places you can hire sandboards and they will tell you how to get to dunes which are on the edge of town. You can then do your own sandboarding - it is very tiring. The only tour operator I know of is Desert Storm Adventures (www.desertstorm.com.au) who combines sandboarding with a 4wd adventure. Expensive but in my opinion worth the money.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pinnacles to Lancelin Sand Dune

thanks RichieR n ajk58 for the invaluable info!

5. Re: Pinnacles to Lancelin Sand Dune

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2011, 17:16
;