We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas boat trip

Level Contributor
120 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas boat trip

Has anyone been on a boat tour of the Christmas illumination.? If so, what boat do you like or do you have any other reccomendations? Thanks.

2 replies to this topic
San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas boat trip

Hi Gungadin ! (Love your screen name - great movie)

I've seen the Cmas Boat Parade more times than I can count. Both from land and on boats. I actually think you see more from land than a boat. But, being out on a boat can be lots of fun!

I never paid to be on a boat. I was always a guest so I can't make recommendations. I'm sure someone else will though.

Here are some options from the City of Newport Beach Official Website

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,535 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas boat trip

Newport Beach and Huntington Harbour both offer a "Cruise of Lights" where you can pay to go out on a boat that tours the waterfront homes decorated for the holidays. I went once and found it to be a total bore. But to each his/her own. A friend of mine has a Boat Parade party each year, which I think is more interesting. You stay put and watch the decorated boats sail by. The boats are usually full of the boat owners over-inebriated friends. The watchers on shore wave. Yawn. If they weren't my friends, I'd love to skip that too.

Reply to: Christmas boat trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Balboa Island