We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas boat trip

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
135 posts
93 reviews
Christmas boat trip

Has anyone been on a boat tour of the Christmas illumination.? If so, what boat do you like or do you have any other reccomendations? Thanks.

2 replies to this topic
San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,219 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Christmas boat trip

Hi Gungadin ! (Love your screen name - great movie)

I've seen the Cmas Boat Parade more times than I can count. Both from land and on boats. I actually think you see more from land than a boat. But, being out on a boat can be lots of fun!

I never paid to be on a boat. I was always a guest so I can't make recommendations. I'm sure someone else will though.

Here are some options from the City of Newport Beach Official Website

christmasboatparade.com/viewing-yacht-charte…

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,730 posts
189 reviews
2. Re: Christmas boat trip

Newport Beach and Huntington Harbour both offer a "Cruise of Lights" where you can pay to go out on a boat that tours the waterfront homes decorated for the holidays. I went once and found it to be a total bore. But to each his/her own. A friend of mine has a Boat Parade party each year, which I think is more interesting. You stay put and watch the decorated boats sail by. The boats are usually full of the boat owners over-inebriated friends. The watchers on shore wave. Yawn. If they weren't my friends, I'd love to skip that too.

Reply to: Christmas boat trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Balboa Island