We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Fuerteventura Airport to Corralejo?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Fuerteventura Airport to Corralejo?

We will be arriving at 6pm on a Wednesday at the airport and wondering if it's feasible to take the bus from the airport to Corralejo. From my search I can see we would need to take bus #3 then bus #6.

I am uncertain what time bus number 3 will be departing from the airport. Would anyone know how long the journey would take? We also have a 2 year old daughter travelling with us, would we require a car/childseat or could she sit next to us or on one of our laps?

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
4,652 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bus from Fuerteventura Airport to Corralejo?

If my memory is correct there are 2 bus stops. 1) at the roundabout near to Baku waterpark/top of the strip by what was the Lobos Bahia complex 2) on the main top road opposite the Eurospar. Hope this helps!

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
4,652 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Bus from Fuerteventura Airport to Corralejo?

Sorry duplicate post!

Edited: 11 March 2014, 02:18
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Bus from Fuerteventura Airport to Corralejo?

There is now an excellent shuttle bus service from Corralejo to the airport. it is only 9€ per head and will pick you up from your hotel or villa. you can book this through Where Abouts, or by email info@whereaboutsfuerteventura.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Bus from Fuerteventura Airport to Corralejo?

We paid extra for the resort hopper 4 stops max....but still waited in the airport car park for over an hour waiting for the 4th group of passengers to arrive...I think I'm done with resort hopper after wasting so much time hanging around.

Hiring a car from corrajello and returning to the airport was cheaper than a taxi! and driving on this empty island is easy...so would recommend car hire

international
Level Contributor
127 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Bus from Fuerteventura Airport to Corralejo?

Definitely, rent a car. I would recommend CICAR for everybody.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
612 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Bus from Fuerteventura Airport to Corralejo?

Me too.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,914 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Bus from Fuerteventura Airport to Corralejo?

Just to update the bus info, the N°3 from the airport (it's the only bus that serves it so that's easy) terminates at Puerto bus station. For Corralejo you need to change there to the N°6. There are a few stops in Corralejo (after the one at the RIU hotels in the middle of the dunes) but most aren't marked and the bus won't stop if you don't ring the bell.

1) is right after you enter the town i.e. when you first see hotels.

2) as you approach a big roundabout with a windmill (opposite Flintstone's bar).

3) unless the road is closed as it is at the moment - oops!) the bus will turnleft at the roundabout, then right. After a small roundabout you'll see a dome-shaped auditorium on the right and there's a stop there.

4) is the one at the top of the strip at the bottom end of Acua water park (formerly Baku).

5) is the terminus at the bus station on Juan Carlos, where it'll probably do a U-turn before dropping you off.

6) is a possible last stop as some of the buses terminate at the ferry harbour.

Almost all buses have lap belts but I don't think there are any rules about kids. Pushchairs and suitcases go under the passenger area - the driver will remotely open it for you.

You can buy a "bono" rechargeable card from any driver that entitles you to a 30% discount. It's accepted on every Fuerteventura bus and never expires. Any number of people can use it. It costs 2€ to buy and has to be charged up with a minimum of 15€ (in cash, not a 50€ note). Bring it back next year! It's all explained here: www.maxoratabus.com/tiadhe/en/index.php

18. Re: Bus from Fuerteventura Airport to Corralejo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2015, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Corralejo
Recent Conversations
More Corralejo Topics