We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rui palace tres islas

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
55 reviews
rui palace tres islas

Thinking of booking this hotel for next Jan. Is it worth paying extra for a sea view room and do they all get the sun on the balconies?

glasgow
Level Contributor
359 posts
1. Re: rui palace tres islas

I'm currently in a sea view room at

The riu oliva beach the tres sister

Hotel the view is stunning for want

Of a better word it looks over the beach

And the tres as well breath taking

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
55 reviews
2. Re: rui palace tres islas

Hi thanks for taking the time to answer my question,, can I ask you if you get the sun on your balcony at all during the day ?? and if so what number room as you in ??The up grade to sea view is expensive , I want to be certain thats its worth it !! Enjoy the rest of your hols !! thanks again.

glasgow
Level Contributor
359 posts
3. Re: rui palace tres islas

Seaview was included I'm my booking

So I can't comment on what your getting

Charged extra but to answer question

I Only get the sun in the morning in the

Tres you would get the sun all day if

You got a room overlooking the main

Part of the beach and pool currently I'm

Melting in 100 degree heat many visits

To the sea required and bar  hope

This helps happy travels

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
55 reviews
4. Re: rui palace tres islas

Thanks again for your reply,, its very good of you to take the time to do so .You ve been a great help ,, cant wait til Jan now.. although it wont be as hot for us as it is for you now !! Have fun and thanks !

Berkshire
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: rui palace tres islas

Hi, have been to the Tres islas several times Jan , June and September (not all in the same year!!!!!) The sea view is amazing but no sun late in the day but in Jan the sun sets early so not an issue, we went in Jan this year temp high 70s no strong winds either, You can take a chance and not pay for a sea view and email the hotel direct 3 weeks before and ask , iam sure you will enjoy the holiday anyway , beaware there is nothing near the hotel so if shopping , night life etc is your thing no go ,but if relaxation ,comfort ,food and friendly staff is what you need you will enjoy

Ps we found the germans polite !!!

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
55 reviews
6. Re: rui palace tres islas

thanks for your message.. I think we will be booking a sea view room as everyone says the views are simply amazing..We know the hotel is in a quiet area, that wont be a problem , thanks again Jill

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: rui palace tres islas

I am staying in the Riu tres Islas in august for 2 weeks with my wife.It is our honeymoon as we only got married last month.Reading all the reviews here it sound like a perfect honeymoon spot.

We have paid for the seaview room also.Is there a bar on the beach does anyone know?

Essex
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
8. Re: rui palace tres islas

There's a beach bar situated towards the back of the beach, roughly half way between the two hotels, and another one a couple of hundred metres beyond the Oliva Beach.

Edited: 01 July 2011, 22:47
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: rui palace tres islas

the beach is superb. the beach bar is mega expensive though.

Haydock
Level Contributor
225 posts
97 reviews
10. Re: rui palace tres islas

We have just returned from a great week @ this hotel.

We have stayed in a lot of RIU Palace hotels in the Canaries ( 16 in total)

We did NOT have a seaview room for the week , we prefer a room that gets the sun in the late pm & you can see the sunset, not the best view BUT you do spend more time in the room ( when awake) at this time & it is better in my view to have the sun through the windows & on the balcony @ that time.

We met an older couple @ the airport & then again when checking in , this was their 18th visit , they are offered a seaview room due to this but turn it down for a room that gets the late sun @ the back ( or front if you count entrance)

The food in terms of quality / variety & availability thro the meal occasions was the best we have found @ any RIU hotel.

Drink prices expensive some are saying -- but compared to what?? - 2 days before I went I paid £5.90 for 2 bottles of Peroni @ a local hotel to home. We got drinks @ the pool bar or from one of the pool waiters( no supplement) so could remain on the sun beds. Supplemented a little by getting drinks from local supermarket & putting these in the room fridge to enjoy a drink there @ the end of a hard day of sun bathing.

Fantastic beaches are great to just walk along in the surf & cool down in the heat of the day.

Bar a couple of walks to the supermarket & a couple of hours in Corralejo , we remained in or around the hotel.

It is very isolated ( bar sister hotel) so no- where to walk after dinner. Also do take a pullover or cardigan / jacket as once the sun goes down & if the wind is blowing @ night it can be fairly cool even in June.

Tom

Get answers to your questions about Corralejo
Recent Conversations
More Corralejo Topics