We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

card machines

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
50 reviews
card machines

can anybody let me know we're is best to use my clarity halifax card I went to a Santander machine but cancelled when it was going to charge €5 for the pleasure just arrived so any answers much appreciated .

5 replies to this topic
Manchester
Level Contributor
28 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: card machines

I have the Halifax clarity card, and it’s classed as a credit card, which means if you draw cash on it you will get charged! But if you use it to pay for goods or meals you won’t, hope that helps.

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
234 posts
2. Re: card machines

CaixaBank and Cajamar have worked for me: no fees at all (with a no fee card, my home currency is the € though).

Blackpool, England
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
145 reviews
3. Re: card machines

Basically any “Bank” owned ATM except Santander. Don’t use Euronet (big charges) and always decline conversion to Sterling.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
50 reviews
4. Re: card machines

thanks for the reply I'll give them banks a go today

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
234 posts
5. Re: card machines

There is apparently a way to avoid interest charges with the Halifax clarity card on ATM withdrawals, see #9 in this thread: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g482…

My no fee card (Bank Norwegian VISA) is unusual for a credit card in that it doesn't charge interest on ATM withdrawals (if you pay in full when billed) as these being completely free is a big selling point. As pointed out in #1, interest is typically charged from the date of withdrawal as are per withdrawal fees and commissions on the amount (sometimes in the guise of currency conversion fees).

Reply to: card machines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Corralejo
More Corralejo Topics