We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses from airport to Corralejo

6 posts
Buses from airport to Corralejo

Landing at airport next Thursday at 1925 and planning to make transfer to Corralejo by No 3 and No 6 buses. I understand that the No 3 can be going to Pto Del Rosario or Las Salinas. How do I make sure I get on the right bus? Are there separate bus stops at the airport for the two routes of the No 3 or is it a case of having to note the destination on the front of the bus or asking the driver.

11 replies to this topic
Analandia, SP
Level Contributor
818 posts
66 reviews
1. Re: Buses from airport to Corralejo

Hi there, you have to take the bus to Puerto del Rosario first which is clearly displayed on the bus and at the bus stop (and then transfer). The bus station has the buses, again clearly marked and displayed in the station and at the front of the bus.

We are independent travellers too but for such a journey usually book a transfer in advance. Somebody waits for you and you get to Corralejo regardless. And in time for dinner.

Either way... enjoy!

6 posts
2. Re: Buses from airport to Corralejo

Thanks. Just want to ensure that I end up on the Pto Del Rosario No 3 bus and not the Las Salinas No 3 bus!

Edited: 19 September 2018, 06:18
Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
130 reviews
3. Re: Buses from airport to Corralejo

Kieron-don't worry,easy enough to do & very cheap at approx a total 5 euros pp one way.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo, Canary Islands
Level Contributor
6,050 posts
166 reviews
4. Re: Buses from airport to Corralejo

Just state your destination - Puerto. The driver will soon put you right if it's heading for Las Salinas. We have the same problem on the #8 route (one stop for both directions) and it isn't marked clearly at all on the front. If a bus arrives at an in-between time we have to ask.

6 posts
5. Re: Buses from airport to Corralejo

Thank you everyone for your helpful replies.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
770 posts
6. Re: Buses from airport to Corralejo

Yes, don't worry about the general confusion at the airport bus stop - you may well be asked yourself by another passenger which direction No 3 it is! The drivers must be well used to it all. One way of telling beforehand as the bus approaches is to look at the front top screen of the bus. If it shows two destinations one on top of the other, the lower one is the destination. Most recently when we did this same journey, the destination (Puerto del Rosario) was either the only one shown or was far more prominent than the origin (Las Salinas).

More of a concern for you, given your 7:25pm scheduled landing time, may be connecting with the 8pm No 6 at Rosario bus station? The next No 6 is at 9pm. So to save an hour you'd be looking to catch the No 3 from the airport at around 7:35-7:40pm (the service leaving Las Salinas at 7:15pm). This could be a bit tight but should just about be OK assuming you're disembarking the aircraft by 7:25pm and have cabin baggage only. To maximise your chances of catching it, leave the baggage hall by the top left door (left meaning as you arrive there through passport control). The bus stop is no more than 100 yards from there, quickly reached by walking directly across the next concourse then out the door to the pavement outside and turning left.

http://tiadhe.com/en/line-03/

http://tiadhe.com/en/line-06/

6 posts
7. Re: Buses from airport to Corralejo

Thanks for the detailed info. Yes, it looks like it will be a bit tight to catch the #6 at 7.35 but we only have cabin baggage (assuming Ryanair don't put it in the hold). Armed with your directions we can make straight for the bus stop once we clear passport control. A nice relaxing start to our holiday!

6 posts
8. Re: Buses from airport to Corralejo

sorry should read #3 at 7.35

Heanor
8 posts
9. Re: Buses from airport to Corralejo

Hi, just be aware of the new scam at fuerteventura airport, they are stealing suitcases out of the luggage hold whilst you are sat on the bus, just got back, had mine stolen and 2 others that I know of

Leeds
Level Contributor
758 posts
61 reviews
10. Re: Buses from airport to Corralejo

David there isn't a bus station at the airport so nobody will be sat on a public service bus .The number 3 is only passing through .

Reply to: Buses from airport to Corralejo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Corralejo
More Corralejo Topics