We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for something completely different!

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,637 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for something completely different!

After a complete nightmare year, we are finally in a position to look at returning to Majorca in May-June, but looking at a completely different holiday to our normal Santa Ponsa breaks. I need to have an absolute rest, so looking at renting an apartment in Valldemossa for a week. We both love the village, and there is enough to keep us happy for this week just pottering around when the reading gets too much!

We have a shortlist from Holiday Lettings, but just wondered if anyone had any particular favourite apartments they have stayed in they would like to tell me about. Our needs are simple, separate bedroom (so no studios) with either a king size bed or two good singles(I did say complete rest, haha), shower, and some decent outside space with either rooftop views or a view of the monastery. Aircon would be preferable, but I can cope without at this time of year so long as windows can be left open. It has to be in the village as we won't have a car and I do like to be able to walk outside and potter about the shops.

I'm not inviting anyone to tell me about their own apartments, but if you have stayed in one and enjoyed, a link to the website would be welcome. Thanks all!

And who knows, could be back to Santa Ponsa next year.

17 replies to this topic
Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
861 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for something completely different!

That's a big surprise Annabelle . From Santa Ponsa to Valdemossa , such a big difference . I 'm sure you will miss McTavishes : ) . Good luck in your search and hope things get much better for you .

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
5,167 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for something completely different!

Annabelle - one thing to bear in mind is that Valldemossa is 400m above sea level so the temperature will be lower than the resorts at sea level. I remember once regretting going in shorts and teeshirt as it was much cooler than where we had travelled from. Not trying to put you off as it's a beautiful town, but just remember to pack some warm things and have a great time.

London, England
Level Contributor
9,640 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for something completely different!

Have a look at agroturismos or hotels/casas rurales. You may find something to suit.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,637 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for something completely different!

I know it's very different, that's what I need, and I can come back for McTavishes and the Jaggy Thistle when I will be better able to enjoy it.

I'll be sure to have some warmer clothes, but will hope for some decent weather, previously been in April and September, so thinking it might be somewhere between the two.

Who knows, I might do a day trip to SP instead of doing it the other way round!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for something completely different!

I know a perfect place to chill.However you could get stir crazy after a few days. Hotel Mar i Vent in Banyalbufar (not that far from Valldemossa really). Take a look at it Annabelle.And if you want to eat out just 200metres away is a decent 2 forks resto Son Tomas one of my favourites in all Majorca especially if you like traditional Spanish food.I say "Spanish" because paella is not Mallorquin but the veggie paella is tops.Hardly a chip in sight.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,637 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for something completely different!

It looks lovely, thanks WS, and would be good for a few days, but you're right, even though I do want a complete chill, think I would be a bit stir crazy after that. It could be a good "add on" to bear in mind though, start off there and then a week somewhere else.

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
3,535 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for something completely different!

Hi Annabelle

A week in Valldemossa sounds wonderful, we have briefly visited but would like to spend some more time there. Going stir crazy is never a problem for us and we have stayed in some fantastic agrotourism hotels over the years.

I would expect the temperatures to be reasonable in May and good in June. We stayed in Orient in mid June one year and it was defiantly very hot.

Majorca, Spain
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for something completely different!

I recomend rural homes or villas!

Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,941 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for something completely different!

I have to ask is that from personal experience?

28SAC

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for something completely different!

Wirral,I went to walk into that restaurant at the end of January on a lunch time & they were just locking up,stunning views from banyalbufar

Reply to: Looking for something completely different!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Valldemossa