We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valldemossa Port

London
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Valldemossa Port

Is it possible to walk from Valldemossa to the Port of Valldemossa? My boyfriend and I will be staying at the Apartamentos El Encinar (without a car!).

9 replies to this topic
Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valldemossa Port

I wouldn't recommend it as the road is very narrow & winding,there is nothing to see really when you get there unless you like shingle beaches.

London
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Valldemossa Port

How disappointing! But there's a restaurant - Es Port?? And you can swim and!! And the photos of the tiny port are charming! I love pebble beaches - I'm from England! Thank you for replying.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valldemossa Port

mac is from England too.But it doesn't alter the fact that without a car the port is a a nono.

West Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Valldemossa Port

I have just looked on my walking map and there aren't any footpaths between Valldemosa and the port, only the road as described goes down - with a few hairpin bends.

London
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Valldemossa Port

Many thanks for the replies.

Bratislava...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Valldemossa Port

:)) we were there in a week. The road was real adrenalin, so narrow that it was just for 1 car. Down there it wasn´t real beach, few meters of pebles and high waves. Worth to see just if you like adrenalin drives.

Penzance, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Valldemossa Port

Has anyone been on the Thomson trip to Valldemossa. I'm nervous on high roads with hairpin bends snaking up the hillside. Any advice on this trip or others to avoid? Thanks.

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Valldemossa Port

The road from Palma to Valldemossa isn't too bad. It's after Valldemossa that it gets very windy but that is the best stretch for beautiful scenery. It doesn't really snake up the hillside, just follows the coast, but I guess you are quite high up in places.

Why not get the public bus from Palma bus station to Valldemossa? Much cheaper than a Thomson excursion.

Penzance, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Valldemossa Port

Thanks for the information. I might try that.

Reply to: Valldemossa Port
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Valldemossa