We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoid this place !! People !! Wake up !

2 posts
Avoid this place !! People !! Wake up !

Me and my friends just came back 3 days ago from holiday in Mallorca. The magazines and websites highly recommend this place and describe as safe and pleasant but this is just beautiful advertise ! You cannot feel safe there because all the time some dangerous people watching you and want to just use the situation to steel your bag etc... unfortunately it had happened to me and my friends last week !! But this is not everything

.. the police in Mallorca is useless ... they treated you like a criminal and they blame you because you choosen this destination. If is any problem you won't get help from them. They don't know English at all which is ridiculous because most tourists are British there ! They provided translator for us but The woman has been unhelpful and rude,we spent 2 days at the police because they didnt know how to do the simple report which we needed for our insurance ... they just laughing at your face and they thinking that you are stupid tourist who don't know what's going on there !

.... The system is just crazy they are doing what they want and I think someone should finally change this !!! We - tourist paying money to them, they existing because of us and they even don't know how to behave ! They acting like an animals not a humans !so if you see any bad comment here about the police and system in Mallorca you should know that It's true and be very careful if you choose this place for your holiday!! It's so sad Because Mallorca is beautiful place but they need to change sth to provide better service for tourists ! I am telling all of you who have been treated like that please live the comment and use social media ... Meaby one they sth will change.

57 replies to this topic
london
Destination Expert
for Cala Bona
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Avoid this place !! People !! Wake up !

Just love 1st time posters 😁😁

2 posts
2. Re: Avoid this place !! People !! Wake up !

I hope is a welcome massage:)

Magaluf, Spain
Level Contributor
194 posts
41 reviews
3. Re: Avoid this place !! People !! Wake up !

No wonder you and your friends were not understood as I also had trouble reading your first time post. I gather your main grievance was trying to get an insurance claim number from the Police - tying up their man hours.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
35 reviews
4. Re: Avoid this place !! People !! Wake up !

Think that's unfair on Natalie .. I think it's fair to assume she's not English herself !!!!!!!!

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
65 posts
5. Re: Avoid this place !! People !! Wake up !

Typical responses from people on here though! The Spanish police don't give a toss about tourists and as for Calvia Don, what a cheek for Natalie to bother those busy cops over a mere bag snatch eh! If someone marched up the main strip with a machine gun this guy would blame the tourists for not dodging the bullets!

Oh and he,d claim to have seen and heard nothing either!

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,669 posts
100 reviews
6. Re: Avoid this place !! People !! Wake up !

Sounds to me like the main grievance Don was for poor old natalia being robbed! And then not being helped by the people who's job it is to help!

Anyone seen the video where three cops hit a young girl with a baton/truncheon on Magaluf strip last Saturday night? She was breaking up an argument between two blokes and the cops just went straight in with Batons flying, no questions asked, pure and utter assault that was. Disgraceful.

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Avoid this place !! People !! Wake up !

Mark2spark, yes I’ve watched the video clip and I agree it’s totally and utterly disgraceful the way the they charged over and started lashing out at the tourists, in my eyes that’s assault.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
330 posts
26 reviews
8. Re: Avoid this place !! People !! Wake up !

Geordie05 I couldn’t have put it any better myself.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
663 posts
85 reviews
9. Re: Avoid this place !! People !! Wake up !

Thank you natalia c , I have taken your advise. The authorities or lack of are just not interested , it’s all too hard for them.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,579 posts
38 reviews
10. Re: Avoid this place !! People !! Wake up !

Post 3, yet another disgraceful post from the blinkered idiot on the scene.

Reply to: Avoid this place !! People !! Wake up !
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Magaluf
Recent Conversations