We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Being pestered

Level Contributor
146 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Being pestered

Hi i am due to come here next week for 4 days and everyone i have spoke to who have been here have said be prepared to get pestered and dragged into clubs. They went a few years ago but said that it is so bad for the people who stand outside bars and clubs and literally follow you down the strip and even one girl i know they said the club rep put her over he’s shoulders and ran off with her to the bar he was wanting them to go into. Im really not into this type of thing it just a hen do i promised to go on but if this is still the case i dont care if i loose my money but i wont be going as i cant stand this type of thing. Can someone tell me if it is still like this. Thanks

Foxy's
$$ - $$$, Spanish, Pizza, Grill
Palm Beach Restaurant
$$ - $$$, Mediterranean, European, British
Pirates Beach Bar & Grill
$$ - $$$, Bar, Barbecue, European
14 replies to this topic
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Being pestered

I dont want to spoil your holiday but it really is awful. Literally you get past one rep and seconds later another one is waiting to pounce. I made a rule the more they pestered you the less likely i would be to go in. If you stay away from the main strip its not too bad but on the strip itself its chaos from the PRs and shot girls

Edited: 15 May 2018, 21:27
Level Contributor
146 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Being pestered

I think thats is were they are heading towards too the main strip. Another girl was telling me her friend ended up getting arrested as one of the PR or shot type girls was pestering so bad it started at first a bit of a joke and banter but then she grabbed her friend trying to get her in so she said please dont touch me this PR wouldnt listen so in the end this girl punched her in the face actually causing a nose bleed. I think its bad if the girl had said no to start with and then when the woman grabbed her to then say please dont touch me and she still didnt listen was it fair to arrest her as if someone kept pestering me i think id do the same.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Being pestered

I find the best way to get past is just 100% ignore them. Keep walking as if they are not even there. They will probably shout some stuff at you but its far easier than standing and trying to tell them no. The thing is some are ok they will ask if you fancy a drink and if you say no they just say ok and try someone else but its the ones that follow and grab you etc who spoil it for the others. The shot girls all have the same story thats its their first night and they are struggling but its all just to get you to buy.

St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
3,485 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Being pestered

In all honesty the best way is to avoid the place altogether. It's a shame it gives some the impression that this is 'Spain'

Level Contributor
146 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Being pestered

Yes im going to message the girls in abit and say ive got some sort of emergency and will not be able to attend. Im still quite young late 20’s but i really dont think id enjoy this kind of scene maybe if i was under 21 but think im a bit too old for this type of thing now and wouldn’t enjoy it. Much rather sit in a nice chilled out bar with background music

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,287 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Being pestered

Well people are certainly painting a horrible picture of the place Kyla, but I can't say it's completely like that.

There's very few day time PR's and you won't get bothered like any of the descriptions, - and the descriptions only apply to 'The Strip', ie Calle Punta Ballena, the rest of the town (and adjacent Palmanova) doesn't have anything like the descriptions above of being dragged into bars etc., and that sort of behaviour only happens at night.

I think you should still go and just avoid the Strip, it's clearly not your scene. If you have to walk past it, just use the beach route (promenade), or the other way round, past hotel Katmandu and Finnegans bar.

Plenty of simple good fun'chill out bars along the sea front (and just behind) in adjacent Palmanova which is less than 5 mins walk from the top of the Strip, clearly this will suit you better.

Let the wilder girls go out to the Strip on their own lol

Mentioned in this post
Palmanova
Palmanova
Majorca, Spain
Katmandu Park
Katmandu Park
2,978 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
326 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Being pestered

I agree with Mark2Spark

Day time PR's are very chilled and laid back, the night time PR's can be more of a handful but if you just give a firm but polite NO Thank you they tend to leave you alone. You can keep walking and they will leave you alone and move onto the next people.

We had the same PR last year from Stereo try every single night for two weeks trying to get us in the bar in the end it turned into a bit of a joke as he knew we wasn't going in but he was polite and friendly and couldn't fault him.

While they can be an annoyance to some, they can actually be great for drinks deals and offers so its worth talking to them if you feel like it, you may get a little more for your money.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Being pestered

I have been going to Magga for years and yes! The Main strip can be hard work. If you want to get to one end of the strip to the other it’s best to work along the front and you don’t get pestered at all. Away from the strip it’s totally different. I wouldn’t let it put you off. You’ll find your own way of dealing with it and where to go.

Level Contributor
146 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Being pestered

I went to malia when i was 19 and i thought that was bad even being young naive and liked to dance but for me i did not enjoy it was there for a week and after 3rd night i decided to just stay in hotel at night as i felt very uncomfortable i also get quite bad anxiety and panick attacks so malia was my idea of hell. Are these two places kinda the same

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
326 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Being pestered

I couldn't comment on Malia as i have never been but i have been to Magaluf in May and it tends to be quieter on the Main strip, with enough space to move around pretty freely, now if you had said end of June - end of Aug then you cant move on the strip its pretty much packed with thousands of people on the strip every night.

May is very much more relaxed, and chilled it will be busy but it wont be mental. Maybe worth taking a Jumper with you as the nights in May can sometimes be a little chilly if you're on the balcony etc.

Mentioned in this post
Magaluf
Magaluf
Majorca, Spain
Reply to: Being pestered
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Magaluf