We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to Book...

Southampton...
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
When to Book...

Im pretty savvy when it comes to booking hotels/flights, but they seem to fluctuate so often. I read there are better and worse times to book. Main question is is there a point where the hotel prices go up and stay up? flights dont seem to change too much but im looking at BH mallorca around the 25th august. for 5-6 nights only chose this date as when i last checked the price dropped to like £200 per person, but now when i check its back up to £300 will this go back down? im also checking various booking sites as well as official one

Mentioned in this post
BH Mallorca
BH Mallorca
2,826 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
8 replies to this topic
london
Destination Expert
for Cala Bona
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When to Book...

I find the longer you leave it the higher the price in most cases 🖒🖒

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
3,498 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When to Book...

I also watch the costs and I have never worked out when is best. They use complicated algorithms to monitor booking trends and adjust prices accordingly, so you can't really predict best or worst times to buy.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
357 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When to Book...

It may be the modern day equivalent of an old wives tale, but I have read that clearing cookies & cache on your web browser can help lower prices

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
3,498 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When to Book...

I think that is an Urban Myth Martin.

Velez Rubio
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When to Book...

"I think that is an Urban Myth Martin."

Agreed!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
297 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When to Book...

I agree with bigron, years back people would wait last minute to bag a bargain but I find it’s best to book what u want earlier the better IMO as I tried to book a flight for the last week in August in past and ended up not going flights were all over £1k rediculous, lesson learned I now book my flights as soon as it’s only cost me £18 each out to Mallorca peak weeks and £30 comin back wasn’t taking any chances. Even package holidays I find the earlier u book the better the deal.

Greater London...
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: When to Book...

Use incognito/private browsing when looking at prices otherwise the website will see your cookies & realise how many times you’ve viewed prices & will up the price.

Magaluf, Spain
Level Contributor
141 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: When to Book...

I agree with James about incognito. When you decide to browse and you see dates / accommodation at an affordable price I would book there and then. Less stress and good to know it is all sorted and you can look forward to your holiday.

Reply to: When to Book...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Magaluf
Recent Conversations