We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Theft from luggage

Manchester uk
Level Contributor
191 posts
3 reviews
Theft from luggage

Flew from manchester to palma on 1st oct and when i unpacked one of my dresses was missing from my case , ( it was the last thing i put in my case ) i definatley packed it , some scumbag had stolen it ! the lock on my case were standard type , so after reading on another forum il be getting combination locks as advised , so beware !

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
1. Re: Theft from luggage

Unfortunately theft from luggage by baggage handlers does occur.However they are not at all interested in clothing only small valuable items eg laptops,jewellery,cameras which they can sell on.The more expensive the luggage the more attractive to robbers.So ditch the Louis Vuitton and buy a cheapo from T K Maxx.And carry valuable items (not including dresses) in your hand luggage.

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,834 posts
162 reviews
2. Re: Theft from luggage

We flew from manchester on the 1st oct at 9.15 am with monarch was this the same flight as you ?..Sorry to hear of your loss never heard of anything like that before and we have been going abroad to numerous places for the last 30years sometimes 3 times a year this as made me a bit wary as i have only ever used the standard locks..

WENDY

Mallorca
Level Contributor
437 posts
3. Re: Theft from luggage

Two things to bear in mind:

1) Had you left your suitcase packed and unattended at anytime - Baggage handlers are unlikely to steal a dress, so the theft may not have occurred at the airport.

2) It is vital that you report the theft, so that a full investigation can be made - in incidents like this the more worrying thought is what if the person had placed something in your baggage as opposed to removing it.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
14,565 posts
29 reviews
4. Re: Theft from luggage

I have also read on here, that stuff has gone missing from those trays whilst people have gone through the scanners search at Palma Airport. So I always go through first and watch whilst my wife puts the stuff through on the other side

hornchurch/santa...
Level Contributor
441 posts
5. Re: Theft from luggage

my father in law managed to get his bag stolen at the scanners at the airport, it looked like a similar bag was switched with his, he lost keys, camera and a bit of cash. Best thing to do is just keep your eyes on your stuff as you would anywhere.

Some front eh?

6. Re: Theft from luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 02:18
Get answers to your questions about Ca'n Picafort
Recent Conversations