We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snake/lizard hunt

2 posts
1 review
Snake/lizard hunt

Hello!

Just arrived to Koh Chang and was wondering if any one would like to go on a herp trip these next couple of days? Hoping to get a glimps of the green pit viper.

Best regards, Eric

16 replies to this topic
6 posts
11. Re: Snake/lizard hunt

The pool is still there.I've seen the turtle (chinese softshell turtle) and a rice paddy snake (i think) also. And 2 types of skinks.

My bus leaves at 4PM tomorrow so I was planning one last trip before noon. Like 7:30 - 8:00 in the morning, so I can be the first to enter the trail. I'm not sure what waterfall to chose, most likely Klong Phlu.

If you're here and interested we can meet at the entrance of a waterfall of your chosing. Just tell me when and where and I'll be there with a bunch of beers with your name on it :)

Cheers!

6 posts
12. Re: Snake/lizard hunt

Nothing today, I hope you have better luck. A shame we didn't meet, maybe next time :)

Thank you very much for your interest and time spent on this thread.

Best regards!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,529 posts
6 reviews
13. Re: Snake/lizard hunt

I was doing the 70km trail run on the other side of Koh Chang yesterday and today, 13 hours running and now I can barely walk. Didn't see any snakes. Heard plenty of rustling and saw a couple of small voles/mice/rats.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,529 posts
6 reviews
14. Re: Snake/lizard hunt

Went out today about 4pm for a couple of hours and saw a green pit viper and another small snake as well. The viper looked a bit diseased, not as shiny as they normally are and some deformity on its head and eye. 2 randoms dogs were following me and one briefly had the viper in its mouth. The same dog also seemed to like carrying big chunks of elephant poo around in its mouth as well.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,529 posts
6 reviews
15. Re: Snake/lizard hunt

https://imgur.com/a/SX9qC

pictures ^^^

an ID for the brown snake would be good? About 15-20cm long.

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
8 reviews
16. Re: Snake/lizard hunt

If you spot anything weird and wonderful, send it to kohchangnature.com - they're documenting all the species of fauna photographed on the island.

Or contact Vern from https://www.thailandsnakes.com/ on Twitter @vernlovic - and he'll identify it for you easily.

Reply to: Snake/lizard hunt
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted