We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4,5 hours need pants

Slovenia
Level Contributor
48 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
4,5 hours need pants

Hello,

I have 4,5 hours free at the Dulles airport from my flight from Germany to Mexico. As I need trousers/pants (kaki) for next trip, I planned to hop into a cab and drive to a shopping mall or outlet store (hilfigher, lacoste, ralph Lauren,...) for 30min shopping.

Is this doable, which mall/store would you recommend and what is the approx. Taxi cost?

Thank you foR any tips!

Best regards

Level Contributor
2,002 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4,5 hours need pants

I think leaving Dulles to buy pants would be a waste of time and money. In fact you can probably find them cheaper in Mexico. Just my opinion.

Slovenia
Level Contributor
48 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4,5 hours need pants

Thank you. You might be right. How is it with shops on dulles airport?

DCA
Level Contributor
227 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4,5 hours need pants

There's not a lot of clothing stores at Dulles, but I believe there's a Brooks Brothers.

Outside of rush hour, it's around 10 minutes by car from Dulles airport to Dulles Town Center: http://www.shopdullestowncenter.com/ where you can find the brands you mentioned at Nordstroms, Macy's, or Lord & Taylor. In the afternoon rush hour it will take a little bit longer to get there.

There's outlets in Leesburg, about 20 minutes away.

Taxi rates: http://www.washfly.com/Taxi_rate.htm

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,931 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4,5 hours need pants

There is in fact a Brooks Brothers in the A terminal, right where it becomes the B terminal. A terminal map is here: www.metwashairports.com/file/AandBGates.pdf

You will need to clear transit Customs between your flights, so your 4.5 hours is likely to be under 4 hours at the moment you step out of the airport. You'll want to be back at the airport 2 hours prior to your international flight to Mexico, so you have about 1 hour and 45 minutes for your shopping outside the airport. That is technically enough time to take a cab to Dulles Town Center, Reston Town Center, or the Leesburg Premium Outlets, and shop for 30 to 60 minutes depending on the mall, *BUT* the cab rides will be expensive (as much as $25 each way or more to the Leesburg Outlets), AND I don't think the malls necessarily have cab stands, meaning finding a ride back to the airport when you need it could be hard.

If it were me and I only needed one pair of pants, I'd go to Brooks Brothers. Even if you over pay a bit, after you factor cab fare into it the pants still cost you less than if you went to the mall.

5. Re: 4,5 hours need pants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2016, 08:17